Today’s first headlines:
- Trump campaign files petition for Georgia recount. State elections official threatened, has security. Loeffler self-isolating after positive, then inconclusive COVID tests.
- COVID: 104 new cases in last 24 hours in NW Georgia, no new deaths. Regional deaths stand at 289 since March. 84 patients in Floyd, Redmond.
- COVID on campus: 1,176 students, staff in quarantine at Floyd, Rome City schools. Both systems already scheduled to be off Thanksgiving week.
- It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas…local companies offering Christmas light installation, local tree lots opening for the season.
- Dining: Brown Bag Cafe opens in Cartersville with “food for the soul”…ribs, wings, fried fish and gizzards. Along with desserts from Unique Velvet Sweet Tooth bakery.
- Week ahead: Rome Commission meets virtually on Monday, will hold public hearings on 5 rezoning requests. Floyd Commission meets Tuesday, will hear from Dr. Voccio on pandemic. Rome Christmas Parade to name Grand Marshal. The Love Feast returns.
- Ware Mechanical Weather Center: Mostly cloudy, high of 71, slight rain chance tonight. Mostly sunny this week, highs in mid 60s.
- Obituaries: Mrs. Mary M. Dillard and Mrs. Myrtle Ruth Kent
- Dining: Public Health restaurant inspection scores, Tuesday-Saturday.
- Crimewatch: Updates on area arrests.
Truett’s Chick-Fil-A Sports Report:
- Model tops Gordon Central, 28-7.
- First round matchups for high school football playoffs.
- Later today: Latest high school football rankings.
- Rome Middle 7th grade wins GMSAA championship.
- Georgia tops Mississippi State, 31-24.
- Alabama stomps Kentucky, 63-3.
- Postponed by COVID: Georgia Tech at Miami.
- Atlanta Falcons vs Saints on Sunday at 1 p.m.
- Results from Saturday’s Tillman Clocktower 5K later today.
Hometown Text Network:
- NEW: News tip or a question? Please text us at 706-431-7243.
- Subscribe to major news alerts. Text 313131; type HometownText. Sponsor: Heritage First Bank.