Truett’s Chick-fil-A Sports
Truett’s Chick-fli-A, 264 Shorter Ave., 6 a.m.-10 p.m. Drive-through, curbside and Door Dash.
Mount Berry Mall, 11 a.m.-8:30 p.m. (curbside, carryout, Door Dash). Shipping Container, 6 a.m.-10 p.m. All Monday-Saturday.
- FINAL: Unity Christian School beats Peachtree Academy, 42-16, to advance to state championship on Nov. 27.
- FINAL: Rome over Paulding County, 56-27.
- FINAL: Armuchee loses to Bowdon, 61-17.
- FINAL: Woodland falls to Blessed Trinity, 49-0.
- FINAL: Rockmart over Ringgold, 35-12.
- FINAL: Sonoraville tops Coahulla Creek, 33-12.
- SATURDAY: Model (5-4, 3-2) at Gordon Central (3-6, 2-3)
- Off this week: Calhoun; Cartersville; Coosa; Darlington; Pepperell.
- COVID cancellations: Adairsville (6-3, 5-2) at Lakeview-Fort Oglethorpe (1-8, 1-6) plus Coosa’s game and Cedartown at Heritage.
Friday’s Adairsville-LFO game has been canceled because of COVID-19 issues by L-FO. That’s the second game canceled this weekend; the first was the Coosa cases.
From Cedartown High: Friday night’s game with Heritage has been canceled. The Bulldogs return to action on Nov. 27 for the first round playoff game.
John McClellan’s high school picks: What this week’s games mean for the playoffs. Plus: Two wins for Model this week. Rome, Unity, Rockmart to win big. McClellan
GMSAA Division A Championship:
- Rome 7th Grade vs. Sequoyah for GMSAA Division A Championship, Saturday at 3 p.m. at Milton High School.
- Rome 8th Grade vs. North Cobb for GMSAA Division A Championship, Saturday at 7 p.m. at Milton High School.
GMSAA Division C Championship: Two Cedartown teams are in championship games Saturday at Wheeler High School.
- The 6th Grade team plays Dunwoody at 11 a.m.
- The 8th Grade plays River Ridge at 7 p.m.
The North Georgia Soccer Academy 07 Boys grabbed first place in the River Fest Classic Tournament in Chattanooga over the weekend, going 4-0 over the two-day event. The team competes in the Piedmont Conference facing off against top teams from North Carolina, South Carolina and Georgia. Team members include Brian Cux, Esdras Perez, Jovany Pizano, Kostas Pateritsas, Tristan Verdel, Klae Theakston, Chester Reyes, Emmanuel Delira, Brennan Dial, Kayden Pineda, Emerson Lom, Ricky Peinado, Giovani Echanique, Gerber Martinez, Luís Yancor, Jack Calel, Adnex Vicente, Dimitri Castro and Evans Drinkard.
Postponed this week:
- Georgia Tech at Miami, now set for Dec. 19. Georgia Tech.
- Ole Miss at Texas A&M. Because Texas A&M has a game tentatively scheduled for Dec. 12, the opportunity to reschedule the Ole Miss at Texas A&M game will be evaluated. The rescheduling of games on the remaining SEC football schedule will include Dec. 19 as a playing date.
Still good this Saturday:
- Georgia: At home vs. Mississippi State, 7:30 p.m. Saturday, SEC Network. Georgia.
- Alabama: At home vs. Kentucky, 4 p.m. Saturday, SEC Network. Alabama.
Other SEC games for Saturday (tentative):
- Florida at Vanderbilt, Noon on ESPN or SEC Network.
- LSU at Arkansas, Noon on ESPN or SEC Network.
- Tennessee at Auburn, 7 pm on ESPN.
- Missouri at South Carolina, 7:30 pm on SEC Network Alternate.
SEC games for Nov. 28 (tentative)
- Arkansas at Missouri, Noon on SEC Network
- Kentucky at Florida, Noon on ESPN
- Auburn at Alabama, 3:30 pm on CBS
- Mississippi State at Ole Miss, 4 pm on SEC Network
- LSU at Texas A&M, 7 pm on ESPN
- Georgia at South Carolina, 7:30 pm on SEC Network
- Tennessee at Vanderbilt, 7:30 pm on SEC Network Alternate
- Falcons (3-6) vs. Saints at 1 p.m. Sunday, Fox. Radio: 92.9 FM The Game.
Saturday: The Gary Tillman Memorial Clocktower 5K and Health Walk returns after summer postponement. About 200 are currently registered for the event that will begin at 8 a.m. and modifications have been put into place to follow safety guidelines including a wave start, mask requirement for all volunteers, spectators and participatns while not running or walking. There will be no awards ceremony but results will be posted Saturday afternoon and awards will be distributed to winners within two weeks. Late registration is open until Tuesday, Nov. 17 for $35 for 5K and $30 for 2-mile Health Walk. There will be no race day registration or late registration after Tuesday. For more: TillmanClocktowerRace.org.