Truett’s Chick-fil-A Sports
Truett’s Chick-fli-A, 264 Shorter Ave., 6 a.m.-10 p.m. Drive-through, curbside and Door Dash.
Mount Berry Mall, 11 a.m.-8:30 p.m. (curbside, carryout, Door Dash). Shipping Container, 6 a.m.-10 p.m. All Monday-Saturday.
Friday’s Adairsville-LFO game has been canceled because of COVID-19 issues by L-FO. That’s the second game canceled this weekend; the first was the Coosa cases.
From Cedartown High: Friday night’s game with Heritage has been canceled. The Bulldogs return to action on Nov. 27 for the first round playoff game.
John McClellan’s high school picks: What this week’s games mean for the playoffs. Plus: Two wins for Model this week. Rome, Unity, Adairsville, Cedartown, Rockmart to win big. McClell an
This weekend’s schedule:
- Peachtree Academy (6-3) at Unity Christian School (9-0)
- Paulding County (3-6, 1-5) at Rome (6-3, 5-1)
- Bowdon (5-4, 4-0) at Armuchee (2-5, 0-3)
- Woodland (4-3, 1-3) at Class 5A Private Number 1 Blessed Trinity (5-0, 3-0)
- Class 3A Number 7 Rockmart (7-1, 6-0) at Ringgold (5-4, 4-3)
- Coahulla Creek (2-7, 1-6) at Sonoraville (4-5, 2-5)
- SATURDAY: Model (5-4, 3-2) at Gordon Central (3-6, 2-3)
- Off this week: Calhoun; Cartersville; Coosa; Darlington; Pepperell.
- COVID cancellations: Adairsville (6-3, 5-2) at Lakeview-Fort Oglethorpe (1-8, 1-6) plus Coosa’s game and Cedartown at Heritage.
GMSAA Division A Championship:
- Rome 7th Grade vs. Sequoyah for GMSAA Division A Championship, Saturday at 3 p.m. at Milton High School.
- Rome 8th Grade vs. North Cobb for GMSAA Division A Championship, Saturday at 7 p.m. at Milton High School.
GMSAA Division C Championship: Two Cedartown teams are in championship games Saturday at Wheeler High School.
- The 6th Grade team plays Dunwoody at 11 a.m.
- The 8th Grade plays River Ridge at 7 p.m.
Postponed this week:
- Georgia Tech at Miami, now set for Dec. 19. Georgia Tech.
- Ole Miss at Texas A&M. Because Texas A&M has a game tentatively scheduled for Dec. 12, the opportunity to reschedule the Ole Miss at Texas A&M game will be evaluated. The rescheduling of games on the remaining SEC football schedule will include Dec. 19 as a playing date.
Still good this Saturday:
- Georgia: At home vs. Mississippi State, 7:30 p.m. Saturday, SEC Network. Georgia.
- Alabama: At home vs. Kentucky, 4 p.m. Saturday, SEC Network. Alabama.
Other SEC games for Saturday (tentative):
- Florida at Vanderbilt, Noon on ESPN or SEC Network.
- LSU at Arkansas, Noon on ESPN or SEC Network.
- Tennessee at Auburn, 7 pm on ESPN.
- Missouri at South Carolina, 7:30 pm on SEC Network Alternate.
SEC games for Nov. 28 (tentative)
- Arkansas at Missouri, Noon on SEC Network
- Kentucky at Florida, Noon on ESPN
- Auburn at Alabama, 3:30 pm on CBS
- Mississippi State at Ole Miss, 4 pm on SEC Network
- LSU at Texas A&M, 7 pm on ESPN
- Georgia at South Carolina, 7:30 pm on SEC Network
- Tennessee at Vanderbilt, 7:30 pm on SEC Network Alternate
- Falcons (3-6) vs. Saints at 1 p.m. Sunday, Fox. Radio: 92.9 FM The Game.
- Sunday: While Calvin Ridley being listed as limited in practice wouldn’t usually be a good thing, it’s a sign of improvement for the star receiver coming off the bye week. He’s been doing some light running due to a foot injury, but he was able to log at least a limited practice session on Wednesday, the start of Atlanta’s on-field practice week.
Overall, the Falcons have a very light injury report. That is very good news for a team looking to continue to build momentum and dig out of an early hole. The New Orleans Saints, one of the top teams in the NFC, will likely be without starting quarterback Drew Brees, who is dealing with a variety of injuries, on Sunday, which should benefit Atlanta.
Saturday: The Gary Tillman Memorial Clocktower 5K and Health Walk returns after summer postponement. About 200 are currently registered for the event that will begin at 8 a.m. and modifications have been put into place to follow safety guidelines including a wave start, mask requirement for all volunteers, spectators and participatns while not running or walking. There will be no awards ceremony but results will be posted Saturday afternoon and awards will be distributed to winners within two weeks. Late registration is open until Tuesday, Nov. 17 for $35 for 5K and $30 for 2-mile Health Walk. There will be no race day registration or late registration after Tuesday. For more: TillmanClocktowerRace.org.