Truett’s Chick-fil-A Sports
Truett’s Chick-fli-A, 264 Shorter Ave., 6 a.m.-10 p.m. Drive-through, curbside and Door Dash.
Mount Berry Mall, 11 a.m.-8:30 p.m. (curbside, carryout, Door Dash). Shipping Container, 6 a.m.-10 p.m. All Monday-Saturday.
The Gulf South Conference Board of Directors has approved a 20-game conference schedule for men’s and women’s basketball beginning on Dec. 9. Shorter menand women open that day at. West Florida. For the 2020-21 academic year, the GSC will utilize divisional play in basketball. The schedule will feature a combination of single game matchups and two-game series against the same opponents on consecutive days at the same location. The format is intended to streamline testing protocols and reduce travel costs. Additionally, the conference will implement a mirrored schedule, with the men and women playing at opposite sites, eliminating all doubleheaders. Men’s basketball | Women’s basketball
Updates for Football, Soccer, and Volleyball: Since the cancellation of the 2020 NCAA Fall Championships and the subsequent decision by the league’s Board of Directors to delay any competition in football, soccer, and volleyball until at least January 1, conference administrators and coaches have worked diligently to evaluate any potential options for meaningful competition in the spring.
- There will not be a spring conference schedule for football. Institutions will have the discretion to schedule events on their own. (Shorter already has a game vs. Kennesaw State scheduled).
- Men’s soccer, women’s soccer, and volleyball will each have a “Spring Championship Series” utilizing a format that features group play, based on geography, followed by a series-ending bracketed event. More details will be released in the coming weeks.
Model powers past Chattooga, 49-7; Blue Devils play again Saturday at Gordon Central.
John McClellan’s high school picks: What this week’s games mean for the playoffs. Plus: Two wins for Model this week. Rome, Unity, Adairsville, Cedartown, Rockmart to win big. McClell an
This weekend’s schedule:
- Peachtree Academy (6-3) at Unity Christian School (9-0)
- Paulding County (3-6, 1-5) at Rome (6-3, 5-1)
- Bowdon (5-4, 4-0) at Armuchee (2-5, 0-3)
- Woodland (4-3, 1-3) at Class 5A Private Number 1 Blessed Trinity (5-0, 3-0)
- Class 4A Number 8 Cedartown (6-2, 4-0) at Heritage (5-4, 2-2)
- Class 3A Number 7 Rockmart (7-1, 6-0) at Ringgold (5-4, 4-3)
- Adairsville (6-3, 5-2) at Lakeview-Fort Oglethorpe (1-8, 1-6)
- Coahulla Creek (2-7, 1-6) at Sonoraville (4-5, 2-5)
- SATURDAY: Model (4-4, 2-2) at Gordon Central (3-6, 2-3)
- Off this week: Calhoun; Cartersville; Coosa; Darlington; Pepperell.
GMSAA Division A Championship:
- Rome 7th Grade vs. Sequoyah for GMSAA Division A Championship, Saturday at 3 p.m. at Milton High School.
- Rome 8th Grade vs. North Cobb for GMSAA Division A Championship, Saturday at 7 p.m. at Milton High School.
GMSAA Division C Championship: Two Cedartown teams are in championship games Saturday at Wheeler High School.
- The 6th Grade team plays Dunwoody at 11 a.m.
- The 8th Grade plays River Ridge at 7 p.m.
Postponed this week:
- Georgia Tech at Miami, now set for Dec. 19. Georgia Tech.
- Ole Miss at Texas A&M. The Ole Miss at Texas A&M football game of Nov. 21 has been postponed due to the continued quarantine of individuals within the Texas A&M football program, consistent with Southeastern Conference COVID-19 management requirements. Because Texas A&M has a game tentatively scheduled for Dec. 12, the opportunity to reschedule the Ole Miss at Texas A&M game will be evaluated. The rescheduling of games on the remaining SEC football schedule will include Dec. 19 as a playing date.
Still good this Saturday:
- Georgia: At home vs. Mississippi State, 7:30 p.m. Saturday, SEC Network. Georgia.
- Alabama: At home vs. Kentucky, 4 p.m. Saturday, SEC Network. Alabama.
Other SEC games for Saturday (tentative):
- Florida at Vanderbilt, Noon on ESPN or SEC Network.
- LSU at Arkansas, Noon on ESPN or SEC Network.
- Tennessee at Auburn, 7 pm on ESPN.
- Missouri at South Carolina, 7:30 pm on SEC Network Alternate.
SEC games for Nov. 28 (tentative)
- Arkansas at Missouri, Noon on SEC Network
- Kentucky at Florida, Noon on ESPN
- Auburn at Alabama, 3:30 pm on CBS
- Mississippi State at Ole Miss, 4 pm on SEC Network
- LSU at Texas A&M, 7 pm on ESPN
- Georgia at South Carolina, 7:30 pm on SEC Network
- Tennessee at Vanderbilt, 7:30 pm on SEC Network Alternate
- Falcons (3-6) vs. Saints at 1 p.m. Sunday, Fox. Radio: 92.9 FM The Game.
- Sunday: Likely roster for this week’s game.
Saturday: The Gary Tillman Memorial Clocktower 5K and Health Walk returns after summer postponement. About 200 are currently registered for the event that will begin at 8 a.m. and modifications have been put into place to follow safety guidelines including a wave start, mask requirement for all volunteers, spectators and participatns while not running or walking. There will be no awards ceremony but results will be posted Saturday afternoon and awards will be distributed to winners within two weeks. Late registration is open until Tuesday, Nov. 17 for $35 for 5K and $30 for 2-mile Health Walk. There will be no race day registration or late registration after Tuesday. For more: TillmanClocktowerRace.org.