Truett’s Chick-fil-A Sports
Truett’s Chick-fli-A, 264 Shorter Ave., 6 a.m.-10 p.m. Drive-through, curbside and Door Dash.
Mount Berry Mall, 11 a.m.-8:30 p.m. (curbside, carryout, Door Dash). Shipping Container, 6 a.m.-10 p.m. All Monday-Saturday.
The Atlantic Coast Conference announced on Monday that Georgia Tech’s football game at Miami, originally scheduled to be played on Saturday, has been rescheduled for Saturday, Dec. 19. The contest was rescheduled due to Covid-19-related protocols within Miami’s program.
“I’m saddened for our student-athletes and coaches that they won’t have the opportunity to compete this weekend, but as always, health and safety are the top priority. We send our best wishes to Miami for a full recovery for those who are affected and a speedy return to competition,” Georgia Tech director of athletics Todd Stansbury said. “On our end, our student-athletes and coaches will hit the practice field this week in preparation for our home game against Duke on Nov. 28.”
The Dec. 19 contest between Georgia Tech and Miami will not be played if a) Miami qualifies for the ACC Championship Game, which is scheduled for the same date or b) the result of the GT-UM game could directly impact the determination of which two teams qualify for the ACC Championship Game.
The Yellow Jackets are now scheduled to return to action on Saturday, Nov. 28, when they host Duke at Bobby Dodd Stadium. Kickoff time and TV arrangements will be announced by the ACC on Sunday, Nov. 22.
- The SEC announces Saturday’s Ole Miss-Texas A&M game also is postponed because of COVID.
John McClellan’s high school picks: What this week’s games mean for the playoffs. Plus: Two wins for Model this week. Rome, Unity, Adairsville, Cedartown, Rockmart to win big. McClellan
TONIGHT: Chattooga (3-6, 2-3) at Model (4-4, 2-2)
- Series History: Chattooga leads 10-8
- Last Meeting: Model defeated Chattooga 12-6 on October 18, 2019
- The Chattooga Indians, who remain the favorite to take the Number 4 playoff spot from region 7-2A, fell to 2-3 in league play following a 28-13 loss to Pepperell. The Model Blue Devils, who must play twice this week due to COVID-19 postponements by other teams, were off Friday night after a 14-7 loss to Pepperell. The Blue Devils can wrap up the Number 3 seed with a win in this rare Tuesday game. Model wins by 6.
GMSAA Division A Championship:
- Rome 7th Grade vs. Sequoyah for GMSAA Division A Championship, Saturday at 3 p.m. at Milton High School.
- Rome 8th Grade vs. North Cobb for GMSAA Division A Championship, Saturday at 7 p.m. at Milton High School.
Postponed this week:
- Georgia Tech at Miami, now set for Dec. 19. Georgia Tech.
- Ole Miss at Texas A&M.
Still a good this Saturday:
- Georgia: At home vs. Mississippi State, 7:30 p.m. Saturday, SEC Network. Georgia.
- Alabama: At home vs. Kentucky, 4 p.m. Saturday, SEC Network. Alabama.
Other SEC games for Saturday (tentative):
- Florida at Vanderbilt, Noon on ESPN or SEC Network.
- LSU at Arkansas, Noon on ESPN or SEC Network.
- Tennessee at Auburn, 7 pm on ESPN.
- Missouri at South Carolina, 7:30 pm on SEC Network Alternate.
SEC games for Nov. 28 (tentative)
- Arkansas at Missouri, Noon on SEC Network
- Kentucky at Florida, Noon on ESPN
- Auburn at Alabama, 3:30 pm on CBS
- Mississippi State at Ole Miss, 4 pm on SEC Network
- LSU at Texas A&M, 7 pm on ESPN
- Georgia at South Carolina, 7:30 pm on SEC Network
- Tennessee at Vanderbilt, 7:30 pm on SEC Network Alternate
- Falcons (3-6) vs. Saints at 1 p.m. Sunday, Fox. Radio: 92.9 FM The Game.
- Sunday’s game: Fresh off their bye week, the Falcons will begin preparations for the New Orleans Saints on Sunday. It’s the beginning of the toughest stretch of Atlanta’s schedule, which also includes games against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Kansas City Chiefs and Las Vegas Raiders. While there are many questions the Falcons will need to answer in their final seven games, there’s a major question for New Orleans this week. Starting quarterback and future Hall of Famer Drew Brees was unable to finish the Saints’ 27-13 victory against the San Francisco 49ers after sustaining a rib injury.
According to ESPN’s Mike Triplett, coach Sean Payton said Brees will undergo an MRI and X-rays to reveal the full extent of his rib injury. The Saints signed former Buccaneers quarterback Jameis Winston this offseason, and it was he who filled in for Brees in the second half.
Saturday: The Gary Tillman Memorial Clocktower 5K and Health Walk returns after summer postponement. About 200 are currently registered for the event that will begin at 8 a.m. and modifications have been put into place to follow safety guidelines including a wave start, mask requirement for all volunteers, spectators and participatns while not running or walking. There will be no awards ceremony but results will be posted Saturday afternoon and awards will be distributed to winners within two weeks. Late registration is open until Tuesday, Nov. 17 for $35 for 5K and $30 for 2-mile Health Walk. There will be no race day registration or late registration after Tuesday. For more: TillmanClocktowerRace.org.