Truett’s Chick-fil-A Sports
Truett’s Chick-fli-A, 264 Shorter Ave., 6 a.m.-10 p.m. Drive-through, curbside and Door Dash.
Mount Berry Mall, 11 a.m.-8:30 p.m. (curbside, carryout, Door Dash). Shipping Container, 6 a.m.-10 p.m. All Monday-Saturday.
John McClellan’s high school picks: What this week’s games mean for the playoffs. Plus: Two wins for Model this week. Rome, Unity, Adairsville, Cedartown, Rockmart to win big. McClellan
AJC high school rankings for the week of Nov. 15: Click here for list.
- 5A: Cartersville (8-1) holds at no. 4.
- 5A: Calhoun (7-3) drops to no. 7 after loss to Cartersville.
- 4A: Cedartown (6-2) holds at no. 9.
- 3A: Rockmart (7-1) holds at no. 7.
From Pepperell High’s Rick Hurst: “Pepperell High School is searching for a game next Friday 11/20. Please DM me if interested.” The Coosa game was canceled because of COVID issues with that team.
26 games postponed or canceled last week in Georgia: That’s the count from the AJC on high school games that we’re played. That’s in addition to the eight schools that chose not to play this year or have since canceled the remainder of their seasons. Both Rockmart and Coosa did not play last week. AJC
GMSAA Division A Championship:
- Rome 7th Grade vs. Sequoyah for GMSAA Division A Championship, Saturday at 3 p.m. at Milton High School.
- Rome 8th Grade vs. North Cobb for GMSAA Division A Championship, Saturday at 7 p.m. at Milton High School.
Will Muschamp, Darlington graduate known as one of the top defensive minds in college football, ousted as South Carolina’s head football coach. Muschamp
The Associated Press Top 25 for Sunday, Nov. 15: Click for entire list
- No change in the top five: Alabama is no. 1 followed by Notre Dame, Ohio State, Clemson and Texas A & M.
- Other SEC: Florida is no. 6, Georgia drops a spot to no. 13, Auburn rises to no. 24.
- Other ACC: Miami is no. 12.
Georgia Tech: Tech at Miami, 8 p.m. Saturday, ACC Network. Georgia Tech.
Georgia: At home vs. Mississippi State, 7:30 p.m. Saturday, SEC Network. Georgia.
Alabama: At home vs. Kentucky, 4 p.m. Saturday, SEC Network. Alabama.
SEC games for Nov. 21 (tentative):
- Florida at Vanderbilt, Noon on ESPN or SEC Network.
- LSU at Arkansas, Noon on ESPN or SEC Network.
- Ole Miss at Texas A&M, 3:30 pm CBS.
- Tennessee at Auburn, 7 pm on ESPN.
- Missouri at South Carolina, 7:30 pm on SEC Network Alternate.
- Falcons (3-6) bye week Nov. 15.
- Next game vs. Saints Nov. 22, 1 p.m., Fox. Radio: 92.9 FM The Game.
Saturday: The Gary Tillman Memorial Clocktower 5K and Health Walk returns after summer postponement. About 200 are currently registered for the event that will begin at 8 a.m. and modifications have been put into place to follow safety guidelines including a wave start, mask requirement for all volunteers, spectators and participatns while not running or walking. There will be no awards ceremony but results will be posted Saturday afternoon and awards will be distributed to winners within two weeks. Late registration is open until Tuesday, Nov. 17 for $35 for 5K and $30 for 2-mile Health Walk. There will be no race day registration or late registration after Tuesday.
Race coordinator Gail Johnson says, “The weather forecast looks perfect for a beautiful autumn race! We want to thank our sponsors, participants, and volunteers for their continuing support of our mission at The Exchange Club Family Resource Center to prevent child abuse and neglect.”
The latest information, including registration links, is available at www.TillmanClocktowerRace.org.