Truett’s Chick-fil-A Sports
Truett’s Chick-fli-A, 264 Shorter Ave., 6 a.m.-10 p.m. Drive-through, curbside and Door Dash.
Mount Berry Mall, 11 a.m.-8:30 p.m. (curbside, carryout, Door Dash). Shipping Container, 6 a.m.-10 p.m. All Monday-Saturday.
Friday night’s scores:
- FINAL: Rome tops Douglas County, 16-15.
- FINAL: Pepperell beats Chattooga, 28-13.
- FINAL: Darlington over Walker, 46-7.
- FINAL: Armuchee falls at Gordon Lee, 49-14.
- FINAL: Carterville tops Calhoun, 31-14.
- FINAL: Cass loses at Blessed Trinity, 48-0.
- FINAL: Woodland over Hiram, 14-13.
- FINAL: Cedartown tops Central of Carrollton, 34-7.
- FINAL: Adairsville over North Murray, 42-35.
- FINAL: Sonoraville beats Ringgold, 26-23.
- FINAL: Gordon Central over Dade County, 35-32.
- OFF this week: Model and Unity Christian School
- Canceled by COVID: Coosa at Fannin County.
- Canceled by COVID: LaFayette at Rockmart.
John McClellan: How did John pick’em this week? McClellan
- Next column posts Monday morning.
GMSAA Division A semifinal schedule for Saturday:
- Rome 7th Grade at Roswell at 2 p.m.
- Rome 8th Grade v. Cambridge at 6:30 p.m. at Barron Stadium.
- Head volleyball coach Katie Price spoke about Abby Payne. Payne will attend Maryville College on a scholarship to play volleyball. Price said that Payne was a leader, on and off the floor and was a huge part of the success of their team.
- Jessica Hewitt serves as the head soccer coach for RHS, and she said that West Georgia College is lucky to have Janet Hartman join their team next fall. Hartman, according to Hewitt, led by example and taught her teammates the value of hard work.
- Hogan Ingram will join Georgia Southern University’s golf program after his last rounds this spring. Head golf coach Kevin Davis sang Ingram’s praises and said that the support from his parents was key to his success. As for Ingram’s skill level, Davis said that all he had to do was, “feed him, drive him to the tournaments, and stay out of his way.”
- Cross country coach Luis Goya spoke about Patrick Motes and his journey to being one of the best distance runners at RHS. Goya ran down a list of the future Augusta University runner’s accomplishments and he said that the list covered seven pages of text.
- Additional photos.
Postponed to Dec. 12 by COVID: Georgia Tech at home vs. Pittsburgh. Georgia Tech.
- Next: Tech at Miami, 8 p.m. Nov. 21, ACC Network.
SEC games for Saturday:
- Vanderbilt at Kentucky, Noon on SEC Network
- Arkansas at Florida, 7 pm on ESPN
- South Carolina at Ole Miss, 7:30 pm on SEC Network
SEC games postponed by coronavirus:
- Postponed, TBD: Georgia at Missouri.
- Postponed to Dec. 12: Auburn at Mississippi State.
- Postponed, TBD: Alabama at LSU.
- Postponed to Dec. 12: Texas A&M at Tennessee
SEC games for Nov. 21 (tentative):
- Florida at Vanderbilt, Noon on ESPN or SEC Network.
- LSU at Arkansas, Noon on ESPN or SEC Network.
- Ole Miss at Texas A&M, 3:30 pm CBS.
- Kentucky at Alabama, 4 pm on SEC Network.
- Tennessee at Auburn, 7 pm on ESPN.
- Mississippi State at Georgia, 7:30 pm on SEC Network.
- Missouri at South Carolina, 7:30 pm on SEC Network Alternate.
The Southeastern Conference will utilize Dec. 19 as a playing date for football games rescheduled during the 2020 season due to the impact of COVID-19 and has established parameters that allow for the adjustment of game opponents as late as five days prior to competition, SEC Commissioner Greg Sankey announced Friday.
- As of Friday, all games planned for Nov. 21 will be played as scheduled. All games currently scheduled to be played after November 21 are subject to weekly evaluation in order to reschedule games that have been postponed during the 2020 season.
- “It has been a goal of the SEC to play a complete football schedule provided we maintain a healthy environment for student-athletes and everyone around our football programs,” said Sankey. “The added flexibility of a December 19 playing date for teams that do not qualify for the SEC Football Championship and the ability to adjust opponents on five-day notification provide a greater opportunity for our schools to play a full schedule of games in 2020.”
- Dec. 19 is the date of the SEC Football Championship Game to be played in Atlanta’s Mercedes-Benz Stadium. Teams that do not qualify for the championship game would be eligible to play games on Dec. 19 that are rescheduled during the remaining weeks of the 2020 football season.
- In addition, the Conference office may revise the weekly football schedule up to 9 p.m. on the Monday prior to Saturday games for the purpose of maximizing the number of games available to be played. The games subject to rescheduling would only be those on a team’s original schedule and against opponents that a team has not yet played.
- Falcons (3-6) bye week Nov. 15.
- Next game vs. Saints Nov. 22, 1 p.m., Fox. Radio: 92.9 FM The Game.
The Roman Rumble 5K return on Saturday with COVID restrictions will be in place. The Roman Rumble is one of the longest-running 5K events in Rome. The Roman Rumble takes place at Ridge Ferry Park (Shoals Entrance) utilizing a paved path along the scenic Oostanaula River. This event is held each year in order to raise funds to benefit Harbor House. The funds provide in-house counseling, which is free for children of abuse; implement safety programs for schools; to provide a child-friendly environment; and help continue day-to-day operations. Race time is 8:05 a.m. with staggared group start times. Day of registration begins at 7 a.m., ends at 7:50 a.m. Registration