Truett’s Chick-fil-A Sports
Truett’s Chick-fli-A, 264 Shorter Ave., 6 a.m.-10 p.m. Drive-through, curbside and Door Dash.
Mount Berry Mall, 11 a.m.-8:30 p.m. (curbside, carryout, Door Dash). Shipping Container, 6 a.m.-10 p.m. All Monday-Saturday.
From Floyd County Schools: “The Coosa High at Fannin County football game scheduled for Friday, Nov. 13, and the Coosa High vs Pepperell High football game scheduled for Friday, Nov. 20, are being canceled because of the CHS football team being quarantined because of COVID-19 exposure. A separate announcement will be made if PHS pursues another opponent to play next Friday. ”
- COVID cancels LaFayette at Class 3A Number 7 Rockmart on Friday night. It appears the game will be canceled. Rockmart plays again Nov. 20.
Just in from the SEC: “The Georgia at Missouri FB game of Nov. 14 is postponed due to positive tests, contact tracing & subsequent quarantine of individuals within the Missouri FB program. Because Missouri has a game tentatively scheduled for Dec. 12, the opportunity to reschedule the Georgia at Missouri game will need to be evaluated. The rescheduling of games on the remaining SEC football schedule may include Dec. 19 as a playing date. The SEC’s COVID-19 management requirements, as developed by the SEC’s Return to Activity and Medical Guidance Task Force, are available on SECsports.com. (full report).
The Alabama at LSU and Texas A&M at Tennessee football games of Nov. 14 have been postponed due to a combination of positive tests, contact tracing and subsequent quarantining of individuals within the LSU and Texas A&M football programs, consistent with Southeastern Conference COVID-19 management requirements.
“While it is unfortunate to have multiple postponements in the same week, we began the season with the understanding interruptions to the schedule were possible and we have remained focused throughout the season on the health of everyone around our programs,” said SEC Commissioner Greg Sankey. “We must remain vigilant, within our programs and in our communities, to prevent the spread of the virus and to manage activities that contribute to these interruptions.”
It was announced Monday that the Auburn at Mississippi State game of Nov. 14 has been postponed due to positive tests and subsequent quarantining of individuals within the Mississippi State football program.
The Auburn at Mississippi State and Texas A&M at Tennessee games have been tentatively rescheduled for Dec. 12. Because LSU has a game tentatively scheduled for Dec. 12, the opportunity to reschedule the Alabama at LSU game will need to be evaluated. The rescheduling of games on the remaining SEC football schedule may include Dec. 19 as a playing date.
The SEC’s COVID-19 management requirements, as developed by the SEC’s Return to Activity and Medical Guidance Task Force, are available on SECsports.com. (full report).
Georgia Tech at home vs. Pittsburgh at 7 p.m. FSS. Georgia Tech.
- Georgia Tech football’s Nov. 21 contest at Miami (Fla.) will kick off at 8 p.m. and be televised nationally on the ACC Network, the Atlantic Coast Conference and its television partners announced on Monday.
- Georgia Tech football kicks off the home stretch of its 2020 regular season when it hosts Pitt in a primetime Atlantic Coast Conference matchup on Saturday at Bobby Dodd Stadium.
- This week’s contest is Georgia Tech’s first Saturday night home game since it downed Miami (Fla.), 27-21, under the lights at Bobby Dodd Stadium on Nov. 10, 2018.
- The Yellow Jackets have won four-straight night games at Bobby Dodd Stadium, including both of its night contests at home under head coach Geoff Collins — a 28-26 win over NC State on Thursday, Nov. 21, 2018 and a 46-27 triumph over Louisville on Friday, Oct. 9 of this season.
- Tech has been especially dominant under the Bobby Dodd Stadium lights on Saturday nights, as the Jackets have won seven-straight Saturday night home games. GT’s last loss on a Saturday night at home was a 30-24 defeat to Georgia in 2009.
- Saturday’s game pits two of college football’s all-time winningest programs. Georgia Tech ranks 19th in NCAA Division I FBS history with 740 all-time victories, while Pitt ranks 21st with 736 wins.
- Georgia Tech is hosting Pitt for the second-straight season, a quirk of the ACC’s modified schedule put in place due to the Covid-19 pandemic. It marks only the third time since Tech began playing an ACC schedule in 1983 that it hosts a conference opponent in consecutive years (GT hosted Wake Forest in 1991 and ’92 and Virginia in 1993 and ’94).
SEC games for Saturday:
- Vanderbilt at Kentucky, Noon on SEC Network
- Arkansas at Florida, 7 pm on ESPN
- South Carolina at Ole Miss, 7:30 pm on SEC Network
Games postponed this Saturday by coronavirus:
- Postponed, TBD: Georgia vs. Missouri. Could shift to Dec. 19.
- Postponed to Dec. 12: Auburn at Mississippi State.
- Postponed, TBD: Alabama at LSU.
- Postponed to Dec. 12: Texas A&M at Tennessee
SEC games for Nov. 21 (tentative):
- Florida at Vanderbilt, Noon on ESPN or SEC Network.
- LSU at Arkansas, Noon on ESPN or SEC Network.
- Ole Miss at Texas A&M, 3:30 pm CBS.
- Kentucky at Alabama, 4 pm on SEC Network.
- Tennessee at Auburn, 7 pm on ESPN.
- Mississippi State at Georgia, 7:30 pm on SEC Network.
- Missouri at South Carolina, 7:30 pm on SEC Network Alternate.
John McClellan’s high school football picks: First look at the playoffs. Plus: Cartersville over Calhoun in one of week’s top games. Close win for Rome. Ws for Darlington, Cedartown. McClellan
This week’s games:
- Rome (5-3, 4-1) v. Douglas County (7-1, 4-1) at New Manchester High School
- Chattooga (3-5, 2-2) at Pepperell (4-4, 3-1)
- Darlington (5-4, 1-2) at Walker (1-7, 0-2)
- Armuchee (2-4, 0-2) at Gordon Lee (7-1, 2-1)
- Class 5A Number 4 Carterville (7-1, 3-0) at Class 5A Number 5 Calhoun (7-2, 3-1)
- Cass (6-3, 1-3) at Class 5A Number 1 Blessed Trinity (4-0, 2-0)
- Hiram (1-8, 1-3) at Woodland (3-3, 0-3)
- Central of Carrollton (5-2, 1-1) at Class 4A Number 9 Cedartown (5-2, 3-0)
- North Murray (5-2, 5-1) at Adairsville (5-3, 4-2)
- Ringgold (5-3, 4-2) at Sonoraville (3-5, 1-5)
- Gordon Central (2-6, 1-3) at Dade County (2-6, 1-3)
- OFF this week: Model and Unity Christian School
- Canceled by COVID: Coosa at Fannin County.
- Canceled by COVID: LaFayette (4-4, 4-2) at Class 3A Number 7 Rockmart (7-1, 6-0)
GMSAA Division A semifinal schedule for Saturday:
- Rome 7th Grade at Roswell at 2 p.m.
- Rome 8th Grade v. Cambridge at 6:30 p.m. at Barron Stadium.
- Falcons (3-6) bye week Nov. 15.
- Next game vs. Saints Nov. 22, 1 p.m., Fox. Radio: 92.9 FM The Game.
The Roman Rumble 5K return on Saturday with COVID restrictions will be in place. The Roman Rumble is one of the longest-running 5K events in Rome. The Roman Rumble takes place at Ridge Ferry Park (Shoals Entrance) utilizing a paved path along the scenic Oostanaula River. This event is held each year in order to raise funds to benefit Harbor House. The funds provide in-house counseling, which is free for children of abuse; implement safety programs for schools; to provide a child-friendly environment; and help continue day-to-day operations. Race time is 8:05 a.m. with staggared group start times. Day of registration begins at 7 a.m., ends at 7:50 a.m. Registration