Today’s first headlines:
- The vote: Biden set to become 46th President after declaring victory with 279 electoral votes. Georgia could hold the balance of power in U.S. Senate as both seats head to .runoff.
- Business: Christmas trees arrive in Rome on Nov. 23. Icicle Mountain Christmas Trees coming to Shorter Avenue. Christmas Tree City returns near Braves Stadium. Cut your own at Silver Creek Tree Farm.
- Four more COVID deaths reported Saturday in NW Georgia, regional total at 269 since March. Another 109 new cases in a day. Latest updates from Dr. Gary Voccio: “Vaccine could be ready in December.”
- COVID on campus: Rome to resume in-person classes Monday; 247 students, staff in quarantine Thursday. 5 new positive tests. Floyd had 337 in quarantine as of Friday. One new positive at Cartersville Elementary.
- Week ahead: Rome Commission meets Monday. Floyd Commission, Rome BOE meetings on Tuesday. RIFF begins on Thursday. Final week of St. Mary’s Diamond Dash. Downtown Holiday Open House on Saturday.
- Buzz: Floyd County Sheriff’s Office taking applications for First Responder Christmas/Sheriff Santa program. Roman Rumble 5K returns Nov. 14.
- Ware Mechanical Weather Center: Mostly sunny, highs in upper 70s to start week. Rain chances return Monday night throughout week.
- Obituaries: Rebecca Brooke Anthony
- Dining: Public Health restaurant inspection scores, Tuesday-Saturday.
- Crimewatch: Updates on area arrests.
- Hardy Realty’s open house gallery for Sunday: 3 bedrooms, 2 baths for $155,900 in Garden Lakes area. Open house
Truett’s Chick-Fil-A Sports Report:
- Saturday high school, middle school football updates.
- Latest high school football rankings later today.
- Armuchee High girls win GHSA State Cross County Championship, Armuchee boys runner-up.
- Georgia falls to Florida, 44-28.
- Georgia Tech off this week.
- Kennesaw State: Spring football starts Feb. 27 hosting Shorter University.
- Falcons home today vs. Broncos, 1 p.m. Fox, 92.9 FM
Hometown Text Network:
- Subscribe to major news alerts. Text 313131; type HometownText. Sponsor: Heritage First Bank.