Today’s first headlines:
- Business: Former Pier 1 Imports space to have new retail tenant in 2021. Texas Roadhouse to open Dec. 9. Latest East Bend updates.
- The vote: Biden leads Trump in Georgia by just 4,020 votes as of 9 p.m. ‘Recount likely’. Still some 8,400 overseas military ballots and 14,200 provisional ballots outstanding. Ossoff, Perdue head for runoff.
- Two more COVID deaths reported Friday in Floyd County, regional total at 265 since March. Region posts 62 new cases in a day.
- COVID on campus: Rome to resume in-person classes Monday; 247 students, staff in quarantine Thursday. 5 new positive tests. Floyd had 337 in quarantine as of Friday. One new positive at Cartersville Elementary.
- Rome City Commission to help mark the founding of HOPE Alliance for Rome and Floyd County.
- Buzz: Habitat for Humanity-Coosa Valley celebrated 17th home dedication. Floyd Schools’ families receive P-EBT Benefits from DFCS. One lane of Hwy 113 to close Monday-Tuesday in Bartow.
- Ware Mechanical Weather Center: Gorgeous fall weekend ahead with highs in mid-70s and lows around 60. Rain chance again Tuesday.
- Obituaries: Mrs. Betty Gail Barger Busby, Annie Ruth Jones, Mr. Sammy Turner, Henry Walls, Mr. Tommy H. Watson, Ms. Shirley Whatley
- Dining: Public Health restaurant inspection scores, Tuesday-Saturday.
- Crimewatch: Updates on area arrests..
- Hardy Realty’s open house gallery for Sunday: 3 bedrooms, 2 baths for $155,900 in Garden Lakes area. Open house
Truett’s Chick-Fil-A Sports Report:
- Friday night high school scores. Chattooga plays tonight.
- Rome Middle football games set for today.
- Rome High’s Patrick Motes finishes 2nd in GHSA State Cross County Championship
- Georgia-Florida game at 3:30 this afternoon on CBS.
- Georgia Tech off this week.
- Kennesaw State: Spring football starts Feb. 27 hosting Shorter University.
- Falcons home Sunday vs. Broncos, 1 p.m. Fox, 92.9 FM
Hometown Text Network:
- Subscribe to major news alerts. Text 313131; type HometownText. Sponsor: Heritage First Bank.