Today’s first headlines:
- Pandemic brings Rome neighbors together and then leads to renewing a lost bond between former dance partners now in their mid 90s.
- Another 94 new cases Sunday; state total tops 350,000. Georgia death toll at 7,809 since March 5.
- Miss the air show? This six-second video is a great keepsake — and so, too, a nod from the F-16 Viper Demo Team.
- Ware Mechanical Weather Center: Mid to upper 70s for most of the week with a close eye on storm Zeta; we could see two inches of rain later in the week.
- Voting: Final five days to vote in advance with more locations, and hours, available. State candidates continue to flood our area this week.
- Buzz: All quiet through third week of flu season; update on shots. 2019 Georgia broadcast award winners.
- Obituaries: No additional obituaries from Sunday.
- Dining: Public Health restaurant inspection scores, Tuesday-Saturday.
- Crimewatch: Updates on area arrests.
Truett’s Chick-Fil-A Sports Report:
- John McClellan’s high school picks: Darlington-Christian Heritage and Cartersville-Blessed Trinity top games this week. Unity, Calhoun, Rockmart, Cedartown should coast. McClellan
- Latest high school rankings for Cartersville, Calhoun, Rockmart and Cedartown.
- High school volleyball, softball championships.
- Stafford, Lions edge Falcons on last-second TD, extra point.
- AP Top 25 rankings: Georgia slips to no. 5; Lawrence, Clemson no. 1.
- Georgia at Kentucky, noon Saturday.
- Georgia Tech hosts Notre Dame, 3:30 p.m. Saturday.
Hometown Text Network:
- Subscribe to major news alerts. Text 313131; type HometownText. Sponsor: Heritage First Bank.