Truett’s Chick-fil-A Sports
Truett’s Chick-fli-A, 264 Shorter Ave., 6 a.m.-10 p.m. Drive-through, curbside and Door Dash.
Mount Berry Mall, 11 a.m.-8:30 p.m. (curbside, carryout, Door Dash). Shipping Container, 6 a.m.-10 p.m. All Monday-Saturday.
AJC high school rankings for the week of Oct. 25: Click here for list.
- 5A: Cartersville (6-1) holds at no. 4.
- 5A: Calhoun (5-2) also stays at no. 5.
- 4A: Cedartown (4-2) remains no. 9.
- 3A: Rockmart (5-1) holds at no. 7.
The Associated Press Top 25 for Sunday, Oct. 25: Click for entire list
- Top five: Clemson is no. 1 followed by no. 2 Alabama, no. 3 Ohio State. no. 4 Notre Dame and no. 5 Georgia.
- Other SEC: Texas A& M no. 8, Florida is no. 10.
- Other ACC: Miami is no. 12, North Carolina, 15.
Saturday’s score; schedule for Monday.
- Saturday: Adairsville 42, Coahulla Creek 14.
- Moved to Monday, Oct. 26, COVID: Pepperell (2-4, 1-1) at Gordon Central (1-4, 0-1)
Later today: Latest high school football rankings.
John McClellan’s high school picks: Next column coming Monday.
GHSA Volleyball Championship
- 5A Cartersville eliminated by Greenbrier, 3-0. / Calhoun lost to St. Piux X, 3-0.
- 4A Cedartown falls to Jefferson, 3-0.
- 3A Sonoraville swept Oconee County, 3-0.
- 2A/A Public combined: Armuchee lost to Union County, 3-1.
Georgia Tech falls to Boston College, 48-27. Next: Home vs. Notre Dame, 3:30 p.m. Oct. 31, ABC. Georgia Tech.
Georgia off Saturday. Next: At Kentucky, noon on Oct. 31, SEC Network. Georgia
Alabama over Tennessee, 48-17. Next: Home vs. Mississippi St., 7 p.m. Oct. 31, ESPN. Alabama
- Falcons (1-5): Home vs. Detroit Lions, 1 p.m. Sunday, Fox. Radio: 92.9 FM The Game.
- Roster updates: The Atlanta Falcons announced Saturday that linebacker Edmond Robinson and defensive end Austin Edwards have been designated COVID-19 flexes for Week 7 and added to the active roster ahead of Sunday’s game against the Detroit Lions. Per the NFL’s 2020 COVID-19 rules, teams are allowed to flex players from their practice squad to replace a player who is currently on the reserve/COVID-19 list. Atlanta currently has defensive tackle Marlon Davidson and defensive end John Cominsky on its reserve/COVID-19 list, so Robinson and Edwards are being promoted to take their places. Robinson has been brought up to the Falcons’ active roster already this season as both a COVID-19 flex and a traditional flex, recording one quarterback hit and two special teams tackles. Both he and Edwards will provide depth on the defense and options for Atlanta on special teams.