Today’s first headlines:
- Between the Rivers neighborhood to discuss increasing traffic concerns with Rome Commission during Monday’s meeting. Floyd Commission meets Tuesday.
- Business: River City Bank expanding to open Union County Bank, a mortgage and loan office, in Blairsville, Ga. this November.
- Two more deaths Saturday in NW Georgia: 1 each in Floyd, Gordon. That’s 253 since March. Another 79 new cases today. Latest from Dr. Gary Voccio, NWGA Public Health.
- COVID on campus: 381 quarantines at Rome City Schools, most since classes began. Big jumps at Rome High, Anna K. Davie, Main Elementary. At Floyd: 146 students, staff as of Friday. Updates on Bartow County Schools.
- Update: 15 Floyd County Jail inmates, 8 staffers ‘positive’ for COVID; more tests under way. Burkhalter orders ‘Code Red’ phase of pandemic plan. What that means.
- Health: State designates Floyd Medical Center as Level II Emergency Cardiac Care Center.
- Health: US MedClinic opens; offering free COVID-19 test for uninsured. Two Cedartown families donate 100 Cuddle Bear books to Floyd’s NICU.
- Former U.S. Rep Tom Graves joins Washington-based lobbying group. His $1.9 million campaign account to be rolled into new PAC to support public policy, candidates.
- Voting: Advance voting today in Floyd. Final week of in-person early voting begins Monday-Friday. State shows over 2.7 million votes through Saturday.
- Education: Unity Christian School’s College and Career Guidance center receives commendation from international accreditation group. ACT scores above local, state, national averages.
- Buzz: New electric vehicle charging stations added to Town Green. Rome/Floyd NAACP to elect new officers on Nov. 14.
- Ware Mechanical Weather Center: Rain clearing, partly sunny with high near 77. More rain possible mid-week.
- Obituaries: Ms. Teresa Elaine Alexander, Lebanon Brown, Mrs. Joan Hamrick, Mrs. Vivian Marie Wells.
- Dining: Public Health restaurant inspection scores, Tuesday-Saturday.
- Crimewatch: Updates on area arrests.
- Hardy Realty’s open house gallery for today: Battle Farm beauty offers master, two other bedrooms on the main level. Open house
Truett’s Chick-Fil-A Sports Report:
- Saturday football: Adairsville tops Coahulla Creek.
- Latest high school rankings coming later today.
- High school sports roundup: Softball and volleyball.
- Georgia Tech falls to Boston College, 48-27.
- Georgia off. At Kentucky on Oct. 31.
- Falcons (1-5) host Detroit today, 1 p.m., Fox.
Hometown Text Network:
- Subscribe to major news alerts. Text 313131; type HometownText. Sponsor: Heritage First Bank.