- Rome City Schools: 88 in quarantine (students and staff) as of Monday. 11 positive tests since Friday — seven students, four faculty and staff.
- More Rome: RHS parents have been especially busy Monday night and today with reports about new cases and quarantines. We’ll have updates soon.
- Gordon County Schools has found it necessary to move to hybrid instructional model, as outlined in the district’s Back to School guidance in August, for both Gordon Central High School (7 positives) and Sonoraville High School (11 positives) beginning today with a tentative return date to full-time, in-person instruction will be Monday, Nov. 30. Expanded report.
- Bartow County Schools’ Woodland High (13 positives) and Cass Middle (10 positives) have reported multiple COVID cases and adopted extra protocols into November. Bartow
- In Floyd County: The county schools have been on fall break; next report due Tuesday or Wednesday… No updates from Rome City Schools since last Tuesday, Oct. 13; city schools returned from fall break on that day.
Rome updates through Monday.
- Latest Rome quarantine totals: 88, up 2.
|Rome City Schools Current COVID-19 Cases/Quarantines|
|School/Location||Sat 10/17-Mon 10/19|
|New Positive Cases Quarantined||New Contacts Quarantined||Overall Total in Quarantine||New Positive Cases Quarantined||New Contacts Quarantined||Overall Total in Quarantine|
|Anna K. Davie||0||1||2||0||0||3|
Rome City Schools report. Click here for the latest.
- Oct. 17-19: 62 students, down 5 from Friday. Faculty/staff: 26; up 7. Seven new positive tests — Rome High (6) and one from Elm Street. 29 students in quarantine at Rome High with eight each at Rome Moddile, West End. 9 faculty at Rome High.
- Oct. 16: 67 students, under 6 from Thursday. Faculty/staff: 19; down 1. Three new positive tests — Rome High, Rome Middle, East Central. Rome High has the most student and faculty/staff cases.
- Oct. 15: 61 students. Faculty/staff: 20. Two new positive tests — West End, West Central.
- Oct. 14: 57 students. Faculty/staff: 19. Five new cases — Rome High (2), Main, East Central, PTA (1 each).
- Oct. 13: 47 students, huge drop over fall break. Faculty/staff: 16, up 1. Three new positive tests — Rome High, Elm Street and Anna K. Davie. Anna K. Davie had 19 students and five staff in quarantine. Rome High was second with 17 students. Two district level employees also are in quarantine.
- Sept. 29 through Oct. 12: Quarantines ranged from 175 to 222 students; from 15 to 32 staff and faculty. Total positive cases reported for the period. 4.
- Aug. 19 through Sept. 28: Student quarantines ranged from 138 to to 348 (Aug. 25). Faculty/staff quarantines ranged from 16 to 35 (Aug. 25).
Floyd County Schools report: Click here for the latest
- Oct, 12-16: fall break.
- Oct. 9: 490 overall quarantines, up 28 since Thursday and a record so far for Floyd County Schools. Four new positive cases, two at Model High and two at Johnson Elementary.
- Sept. 30 through Oct. 8: Quarantines ranged from 298 to 462. Total positive cases reported for the period: 19.
- Sept. 10 through Sept. 29: Quarantines ranged from 260 to 473 (Sept. 18).
Berry College: The following information comes from Berry College’s coronavirus resource page. Last update: Oct. 19.
- Oct. 1-19: 37 students test positive, 5 employees, 1 WinShape employee.
- September: 102 students test positive, 3 employees, 1 WinShape employee.
- August: 9 students test positive, 6 employees, 2 WinShape employees, 1 Aramark employee.
Background: A closer look at what Berry is doing to keep students, faculty, staff safe. Click Berry