Truett’s Chick-fil-A Sports
Truett’s Chick-fli-A, 264 Shorter Ave., 6 a.m.-10 p.m. Drive-through, curbside and Door Dash.
Mount Berry Mall, 11 a.m.-8:30 p.m. (curbside, carryout, Door Dash). Shipping Container, 6 a.m.-10 p.m. All Monday-Saturday.
AJC high school rankings for the week of Oct. 18: Click here for list.
- 5A: Cartersville (5-1) holds at no. 4.
- 5A: Calhoun (5-1) also stays at no. 5.
- 4A: Cedartown (3-2) enters the top 10 at no. 9.
- 3A: Rockmart (4-1) holds at no. 7.
The Associated Press Top 25 for Sunday, Oct. 18: Click for entire list
- Top five: Clemson is no. 1 followed by no. 2 Alabama, no. 3 Notre Dame, no. 4 Georgia and no. 5 Ohio State.
- Other SEC: Texas A& M no. 7, Florida is no. 10.
- Other ACC: Miami is no. 11, North Carolina, 14; Virginia Tech, 19; and N.C. State, 23.
Later today: Latest high school rankings.
John McClellan’s high school picks: Next column: Monday morning.
Update from the A/AA region volleyball tournament at Armuchee High School:
- Armuchee will be 2nd seed; Model will be 3rd seed in state tournament.
- GHSA championship brackets.
Lady Wolves volleyball team will travel to Buford for the first round of the GHSA State Playoffs on Wednesday, Oct. 21, at 6 p.m. versus Buford Wolves.
- Class 5A Lithia Springs at Woodland Cass at Chapel Hill North Springs at Calhoun
- Class 4A Cedartown at Druid Hills
- Class 3A Rockmart at Lumpkin County White County at Sonoraville
- Class 2A South Atlanta at Chattooga Pepperell at Pace Academy Coosa at Lovett
COLLEGE FOOTBALL (games all today)
Georgia Tech stomped by Clemson, 73-7. Next Saturday: At Boston College,4 p.m. Georgia Tech
Georgia downed by Alabama, 41-24. Next: Georgia off Oct. 24. At Kentucky, noon on Oct. 31. Georgia /
Alabama next at Tennessee, 3:30 p.m., CBS. Alabama
SEC games on TV on Saturday, Oct. 24:
- Auburn at Ole Miss, Noon on SEC Network
- Alabama at Tennessee, 3:30 p.m. on CBS
- Kentucky at Missouri, 4 p.m. on SEC Network
- South Carolina at LSU, 7 p.m. on SEC Network
Atlanta Braves drop another to Dodgers, 3-1, to force game 7 today. Series tied 3-3.
- Next: Sunday, 8:15 p.m. on Fox.
- Best-of-seven series with the winner going to the World Series vs. the American League champ.
- More on the MLB playoffs.
- Falcons (0-5) next at the Vikings, 1 p.m. Sunday, Fox. Radio: 92.9 FM The Game.
Injury report: The Atlanta Falcons announced Saturday that second-year defensive end John Cominsky has been placed on the reserve/COVID-19 list. Cominsky, 24, is the third Falcons player to go on the reserve/COVID-19 list this season. Rookie defensive tackle Marlon Davidson is also currently on the list, and another staffer was confirmed to have tested positive on Thursday prompting the Falcons to conduct business virtually out of an abundance of caution. Additionally, the Falcons announced that defensive line coaches Jess Simpson and Tosh Lupoi will not be traveling with the team to Minnesota; outside linebackers coach Aden Durde will assist with coaching the defensive line. Complete list
Results to post later today from Saturday’s POWERADE Power Dash 5K and Health Walk, Rome’s first live race since March.