Today’s first headlines:
- Georgia State Patrol: 19-month-old toddler struck and killed by car along Highway 27 in Summerville. Investigation continues into how the child got out of her nearby home.
- 5 more die in NW Georgia: 2 in Floyd, 3 in Gordon; that’s 9 in last two days. 136 new cases; 33 COVID patients in Floyd, Redmond.
- Burkhalter: Two Floyd County Jail inmates test positive; seven others test negative. No changes in COVID procedures at jail at this time.
- COVID on campus: Big drop in quarantined students in Rome Schools over fall break; 3 new positive tests. Floyd County students return to class Monday.
- Pandemic changing how some local organizations raise funds for the upcoming Christmas season. ‘Christmas with a Cop’ and The Salvation Army depending on more virtual donations this year.
- Business: Bradley Farms Baked Goods opens in Adairsville. The Great Awakening Coffee Co. and DIRT design & decor open in Summerville.
- Voting: Big numbers from first week of advance voting. Sunday voting in Floyd. Advance voting resumes across region on Monday. Video from Women’s March to Polls rally.
- Ware Mechanical Weather Center: Another gorgeous day ahead, sunshine and high near 73. Warmer temps ahead this week.
- Obituaries: Mr. David Lee Pace, Sr. and Mr. William Joseph “Joe” Rogers.
- Dining: Public Health restaurant inspection scores, Tuesday-Saturday.
- Crimewatch: Updates on area arrests.
Truett’s Chick-Fil-A Sports Report:
- Braves lose 3-1 to Dodgers to force game 7 tonight.
- Latest high school football rankings later today.
- Georgia downed by Alabama.
- Georgia Tech stomped by Clemson, 73-7.
- Falcons at Minnesota, 1 p.m. today, Fox, 92.9 FM.
- Community sports updates.
Hometown Text Network:
- Subscribe to major news alerts. Text 313131; type HometownText. Sponsor: Heritage First Bank.