Truett’s Chick-fil-A Sports
Truett’s Chick-fli-A, 264 Shorter Ave., 6 a.m.-10 p.m. Drive-through, curbside and Door Dash.
Mount Berry Mall, 11 a.m.-8:30 p.m. (curbside, carryout, Door Dash). Shipping Container, 6 a.m.-10 p.m. All Monday-Saturday.
- FINAL: Model wins at Coosa, 34-6.
- FINAL: Bremen over Darlington, 21-20.
- FINAL: Rome tops Dalton, 24-8.
- FINAL: Fannin County beats Pepperell, 36-23.
- FINAL: Armuchee loses at Mt. Zion, 31-14.
- FINAL: Unity Christian School beats Cherokee Christian School, 30-16.
- FINAL: Cartersville beats Cass, 59-0.
- FINAL: Calhoun over Hiram, 47-27.
- FINAL: Adairsville falls at Ringgold, 23-17.
- FINAL: Rockmart wins at North Murray, 49-42.
- FINAL: Cedartown tops Pickens, 52-21.
- FINAL: Sonoraville falls to Lakeview-Fort Oglethorpe, 44-37.
- Off this week: Chattooga (postponed; COVID-19), Gordon Central and Woodland (canceled; COVID-19).
John McClellan’s high school picks: How did John pick ’em Friday night? McClellan
- Next column: Monday morning.
- Coming Sunday afternoon: High school rankings.
Armuchee High’s hosts the A/AA region volleyball tournament; next games 8 a.m. Saturday. Double elimination.
Lady Wolves volleyball team will travel to Buford for the first round of the GHSA State Playoffs on Wednesday, Oct. 21, at 6 p.m. versus Buford Wolves.
- Class 5A Lithia Springs at Woodland Cass at Chapel Hill North Springs at Calhoun
- Class 4A Cedartown at Druid Hills
- Class 3A Rockmart at Lumpkin County White County at Sonoraville
- Class 2A South Atlanta at Chattooga Pepperell at Pace Academy Coosa at Lovett
COLLEGE FOOTBALL (games all today):
Georgia Tech at home vs. Clemson, noon, ABC. Georgia Tech
- Schedule change: Georgia vs.Kentucky gamed moved to Oct. 31 at noon. Georgia will now have off week on Oct. 24.
Other SEC games on TV this Saturday (updated):
- Auburn at South Carolina, noon on ESPN
- Kentucky at Tennessee, noon on SEC Network
- Ole Miss at Arkansas, 3:30pm on SEC Network.
- Texas A&M at Mississippi State, 4 pm on ESPN.
- SEC COVID delays: Vanderbilt at Missouri; LSU at Florida.The games tentatively are rescheduled for Dec. 12.
SEC games on TV on Saturday, Oct. 24:
- Auburn at Ole Miss, Noon on SEC Network
- Kentucky at Missouri, 4 p.m. on SEC Network
- Alabama at Tennessee, 3:30 pm on CBS
- South Carolina at LSU, 7 pm on ESPN
SEC made some schedule changes on Friday due to COVID issues: SEC
- Kentucky at Missouri moves from Oct. 31 to Oct. 24 at 4 pm ET/3 pm CT on SEC Network
- South Carolina at LSU remains on Oct. 24, changes game time to 7 pm ET/6 pm CT on ESPN
- Georgia at Kentucky moves from Oct. 24 to Oct. 31 at Noon ET/11 am CT on SEC Network
- Missouri at Florida moves from Oct. 24 to Oct. 31 at 7:30 ET/6:30 CT on SEC Network Alternate
Atlanta Braves fall to Dodgers, 7-3 on Friday, still lead series 3-2.
- Next: Today at 4:40 p.m., FS1; Sunday (if needed), 8:15 p.m. on Fox.
- Best-of-seven series with the winner going to the World Series vs. the American League champ.
- More on the MLB playoffs.
- Falcons (0-5) next at the Vikings, 1 p.m. Sunday, Fox. Radio: 92.9 FM The Game.
Injury report: The Atlanta Falcons appear set to have their top wide receiver back for Sunday’s game against the Minnesota Vikings. Julio Jones practiced in a limited capacity for the first time in two weeks on Friday, and he does not carry a designation for this weekend’s matchup.That’s obviously good news for a team seeking its first win of the year and an offense looking to attack a young Vikings cornerback group. The last full game that Jones has played was against the Dallas Cowboys, and he looked noticeably pained by his hamstring. Atlanta ruled out two players for Sunday – rookie safety Jaylinn Hawkins due to a concussion and defensive end Takk McKinley with a groin injury. Defensive end John Cominsky is listed as questionable for Sunday. Complete list
Today: POWERADE Power Dash 5K and Health Walk, Rome’s first live race since March, set to begin in waves. What to know.
- Sunday posting of results.