Today’s first headlines:
- 5 more die in NW Georgia: 2 in Floyd, 1 each in Bartow, Chattooga, Polk. 102 new cases; 33 COVID patients in Floyd, Redmond. Latest updates from Dr. Gary Voccio.
- Burkhalter: Two Floyd County Jail inmates test positive; others awaiting results.
- COVID on campus: Big drop in quarantined students in Rome Schools over fall break; 3 new positive tests. How GNTC copes.
- Voting: Big numbers from first week of advance voting across Northwest Georgia. Weekend voting in Floyd today, Sunday. Women’s March in Rome today.
- Education: Chattahoochee Technical College’s $8.9 million investment in Acworth campus . GNTC offers free application week (Oct. 26-30).Honors for West End’s Heather Melillo.
- Health: State reports no flu cases through Oct. 10 but healthcare leaders continue to urge all to get the shot this season.
- Ware Mechanical Weather Center: Perfect fall Saturday — sunny and 68 after a morning low in the 40s.
- Obituaries: Mrs. Sarah Gladys Lewis, Mrs. Dorothy Sue “Dot” Treadaway.
- Dining: Public Health restaurant inspection scores, Tuesday-Saturday.
- Crimewatch: Updates on area arrests.
Truett’s Chick-Fil-A Sports Report:
- Braves: The latest on Atlanta’s post-season chase.
- Friday night football scores.
- Georgia vs. Alabama, 8 tonight, CBS.
- Georgia Tech vs. Clemson, noon, ABC.
- Falcons at Minnesota, 1 p.m. Sunday, Fox, 92.9 FM.
- Armuchee High hosts regional volleyball competition
- Today: POWERADE Power Dash 5K and Health Walk, Rome’s first live race since March, set to begin in waves this Saturday. What to know.
Hometown Text Network:
- Subscribe to major news alerts. Text 313131; type HometownText. Sponsor: Heritage First Bank.