Today’s first headlines:
- 4 more deaths in NW Georgia: 2 in Floyd, 2 in Polk. Regional total: 231. Another 100 positive tests, including 38 in Bartow, 19 in Floyd. 34 patients in Floyd, Redmond.
- Gordon Central, Sonoraville moving to hybrid learning because of COVID cases. Big drop in quarantined students in Rome Schools over fall break; 3 new positive tests.
- Elections: Masks not required to vote, including election day. Lines much shorter today at two Floyd sites. Some 2,155 advance voters Monday through Wednesday.
- Voting: ‘The Notorious RVG’ joins Saturday’s Women’s March in Rome. Advance voting this weekend in Floyd Young voters step up. Sample ballots, advance/absentee updates.
- Greater Community Bank’s David Lance elected chair of the Community Bankers Association of Georgia.
- Education: Rome High’s Nebrea Askew, Sonoraville’s Elijah Hibberts named to Georgia’s Student Advisory Council.
- Buzz: Store selling beer, wine planned on Broad Street. Crush the Crisis at Redmond Regional Oct. 24.
- Ware Mechanical Weather Center: Cool snap moves in today and Saturday; highs in the upper 60s, lows in the 40s.
- Obituaries: Mary Seagraves.
- Dining: Public Health restaurant inspection scores, Tuesday-Saturday.
- Crimewatch: Updates on area arrests.
Truett’s Chick-Fil-A Sports Report:
Braves a win away from World Series.
-Rematch tonight at 9 on FS1.
John McClellan’s high school picks.
-Later tonight: the latest scores.
-57 degrees at kickoff tonight.
Updates on UGA, Georgia Tech and SEC.
Falcons at Minnesota, 1 p.m. Sunday, Fox, 92.9 FM.
-Atlanta closes complex because of COVID concerns.
Armuchee High hosts regional volleyball competition
-Rome headed to state.
-Update on post-season softball.
Community sports updates: POWERADE Power Dash 5K and Health Walk, Rome’s first live race since March, set to begin in waves this Saturday. What to know.
Hometown Text Network:
- Subscribe to major news alerts. Text 313131; type HometownText. Sponsor: Heritage First Bank.