- We retired this page. The latest version is right here.
- 121 new positive cases in the past 24 hours in NW Georgia.
- Two new deaths in NW Georgia on Saturday, one in Floyd and one in Bartow.
- 44 deaths reported statewide on Saturday. Total now at 8,462. State adds “probable deaths” number: 494, up 7 as of Nov. 14. Daily record: 130 deaths on Aug. 11.
- State positive cases: 384,997, up 2,492. The state record for the pandemic, 4,813 on July 24.
- COVID support hotline: The state Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities operates the COVID-19 Emotional Support Line to assist people who have been emotionally, physically, or financially impacted. The Emotional Support Line is free, confidential and anonymous. 8 a.m. to 11 p.m. at calling (866) 399-8938.
- Latest updates: Georgia report. / Long-term care report is here.
- Nation/world: Details at Worldometers / Johns Hopkins.
79 COVID patients at Floyd, Redmond Regional as of Friday. The pandemic record (since Feb. 29) is 80 set on Nov. 12. On Oct. 15, there were 34 patients total in both Rome hospitals. Dan Bevels of Floyd Medical Center says the 46 patients there are from the hospital’s traditional service area (Northwest Georgia and eastern Alabama). Also, the hospital has not had to use the “parking deck” addition to help care for the current patient load. Floyd already has been using the 20-bed mobile unit set up in an adjoining parking area to treat COVID patients.
Friday: 79 patients at Floyd; Redmond. The pandemic record is 80 set on Nov. 12. Previoius record: 72 on Nov. 11.
- Floyd: 46, down 2. One patient awaiting test results.
- Redmond Regional: 33, up 1. One patient awaiting test results.
- Also: We will include the Cartersville, Gordon hospitals as information is released.
- Statewide: Daily record: 3,200 on July 30.
Hospitalizations (cumulative since Feb. 29):
- Floyd: 360, up 2.
- Bartow: 349, up 1.
- Gordon: 155, up 1.
- Polk: 156.
- Chattooga: 74.
- Regional total: 1,094, up 4.
DEATHS (since March 15).
- Floyd: 67, up 1 / probable deaths, 2.
- Bartow: 98, up 1 / probable deaths, 4.
- Gordon: 54 / probable deaths, 4.
- Polk: 30 / probable deaths, 1.
- Chattooga: 30 / probable deaths, 2.
- Regional total: 279.
- November deaths: 18.
- Probable deaths: 13*
*“Probable Deaths” includes individuals who are antigen positive or individuals with compatible illness and known close contact to a case that were either reported to DPH as deceased by healthcare providers or medical examiners/coroners, identified by death certificates with COVID-19 indicated as the cause of death, or there is evidence that COVID contributed to the individual’s death OR individuals with a death certificate that has COVID-19 indicated as the cause of death and there is no laboratory evidence for SARS-CoV-2.”
POSITIVE TESTS (since Feb. 29, latest change to the right):
- Floyd: 4,547, up 53.
- Bartow: 4,020, up 30.
- Gordon: 2,744, up 24.
- Polk: 1,869, up 11.
- Chattooga: 1,058, up 3.
- Regional total: 14,238, up 121.
Free COVID-19 tests: Public Health testing locations and days of the tests. The tests are drive-up and no appointments are needed.
- Floyd County: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, Coosa Valley Fairgrounds, 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Closed Thanksgiving, Friday after.
- Bartow County: Monday, Thursday and Friday, The Church at Liberty Square, 2001 Liberty Square Drive, Cartersville, 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Plus Saturday, Nov. 14, 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Closed Thanksgiving and the day afternoon. Bartow closes at 4 p.m. Mondays.
- Gordon County: Tuesday and Wednesday, Senior Center, 150 Cambridge Court, Calhoun, 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m..
- Chattooga County: Tuesdays, North Summerville Baptist Church, 119 Maplewood Drive, Summerville. 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Polk County: Tuesdays, former Department of Labor office, 262 N. Park Blvd., Cedartown, 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
LONG-TERM CARE FACILITIES: From Nov. 12-13. We update this section several times a week. For weekday updates from the state, please click here. Check the date above the file named “Long-Term Care Facility COVID-19 Report,” download the daily report and then search by county.
Floyd: 15 facilities.
- Brookdale Rome, 2 residents, 1 recovered, 68 resident tests, 2 staff cases.
- Chulio Hills Health and Rehabilitation, 22 residents, 2 fatalities, 20 residents recovered, 894 resident tests, 30 staff cases.
- Etowah Landing, 50 residents test positive, 1 death, 40 residents recovered, 2 staff cases.
- Evergreen Health, 68 resident cases, 7 resident deaths, 61 residents recovered, 88 total resident tests, 42 staff cases.
- Fifth Avenue Health, 7 resident cases, 7 residents recovered, 20 staff cases.
- Gardens of Rome: 13 resident cases, 27 residents tested, 6 staff cases.
- Harbor at Renaissance Marquis, 21 residents tested, 1 staff case.
- Pruitt Health, Three Mile, 38 residents positive, 2 fatalities, 151 total resident tests, 36 resident recoveries, 24 staff cases.
- Remembrance Village at Riverwood, 1 resident case, 25 resident tests, 1 staff case.
- Renaissance Marquis Retirement Village, 1 fatality, 50 residents tested, 2 staff cases.
- Riverwood Senior Living, 1 staff case.
- Rome Health and Rehabilitation, 46 resident cases, 5 deaths, 20 residents recovered, 161 total resident tests, 48 staff cases.
- Seven Hills Place, 1 resident case, 5 residents tested, 1 recovered, 5 staff cases.
- Winthrop Court, 2 resident cases, 4 resident tests, 3 staff cases.
- Winthrop Health, 39 positive residents, 6 fatalities, 33 recovered, 120 total resident tests, 18 staff.
Bartow: 7 facilities.
- Cartersville Center for Nursing and Healing, 90 resident cases, 22 deaths, 115 total resident tests, 78 recovered residents, 42 staff.
- Fite Living Center, 1 resident positive, 21 residents tested, 1 recovered, 1 staff.
- Fountains in Cartersville, 7 resident cases, 65 total residents tested, 7 patients recovered, 6 staff.
- Highlands Senior Living, 14 resident cases, 2 deaths, 26 total resident tests, 8 staff cases.
- Maple Ridge Health Care, 29 resident cases, 9 fatalities, 19 recoveries, 110 total resident tests, 8 staff cases.
- Townsend Park Health Care, 57 resident cases, 13 fatalities, 43 recoveries, 149 total resident tests, 25 staff cases.
- Tranquility at Cartersville, 2 resident cases.
Gordon: 3 facilities.
- Calhoun Health Care Center, 66 resident cases, 14 deaths, 51 recoveries, 124 total resident tests, and 28 staff cases.
- Gordon Health and Rehabilitation, 34 resident cases, 9 deaths, 130 resident tests, 25 residents recovered, 28 staff cases.
- Morning Point of Calhoun, 27 residents tested, 1 staff cases.
Polk: 5 facilities.
- Big Springs Place, 3 resident cases, 1 death, 39 total resident tests, 2 recovered, 4 staff cases.
- Cedar Hill Senior Living Community, 4 resident cases, 30 tested, 4 recovered, 6 staff cases.
- Cedar Springs Health and Rehab, 1 resident case, 1 recovered, 439 resident tests, 3 staffers.
- Cedar Valley Nursing and Rehab Center, 35 resident cases, 10 deaths, 109 total resident tests, 25 recovered, 33 staffers.
- Rockmart Health: 1 resident case, 37 tested, 1 recovery.
Chattooga: 1 facility.
- Oakview Health and Rehabilitation,108 residents test positive, 4 fatalities, 161 resident tests, 96 recovered, 51 staff cases.
ABOUT OUR SOURCES:
Information for this page comes from Tim Herrington, Floyd County Emergency Management director; EMA director; the Georgia Department of Public Health; and the state Department of Community Affairs.