Today’s first headlines:
- Somewhat shorter wait times at Floyd voting spots on Tuesday. The latest on advance voting and a potentially smoother day today.
- State: Bartow, Chattooga are ‘high transmission’ counties. 36 coronavirus patients in Floyd, Redmond; up 2 from Friday. 75 new cases in NW Georgia following the holiday.
- COVID on campus: How Darlington is finding solutions to COVID challenges. Rome reports show a drop in staff/faculty quarantines over fall break. Floyd now on break.
- ‘Seconds on Broad Street’ headed for former Brewhouse. Legends Cafe & Grill almost ready in West Rome.
- Cedartown’s Christmas parade option: Stationary floats, displays with drive-through at the fairgrounds Dec. 5. Parade updates.
- Voting: League of Women Voters’ Lucy Hale joins GHC’s Community Watch to talk elections. Two area teens in New York Times’ article about helping make a difference.
- Ware Mechanical Weather Center: Gorgeous fall days to follow low 80s today, Thursday. Upper 60s Friday, Saturday.
- Obituaries: Mrs. Pat Jarrard Abbott, Mr. Jeffery Edmondson, Mrs. Sue Avery Thornton.
- Dining: Public Health restaurant inspection scores, Tuesday-Saturday.
- Crimewatch: Updates on area arrests.
Truett’s Chick-Fil-A Sports Report:
Braves go up 2-0 in series after 8-7 win over the Dodgers in ithe National League Championship Series.
-Rematch tonight at 6 on FS1.
Falcons at Minnesota, 1 p.m. Sunday, Fox, 92.9 FM.
John McClellan’s high school picks.
-Friday night’s schedule.
-Woodland game rescheduled.
Armuchee High hosts regional volleyball competition Thursday and Saturday.
Updates on UGA, Georgia Tech, SEC and Falcons football.
-More COVID concerns for the SEC.
Community sports updates: POWERADE Power Dash 5K and Health Walk, Rome’s first live race since March, set to begin in waves this Saturday. What to know.
Hometown Text Network:
- Subscribe to major news alerts. Text 313131; type HometownText. Sponsor: Heritage First Bank.