Today’s first headlines:
- Northwest Georgia to top 11,000 COVID cases by Monday or Tuesday. 226 have died so far; 863 hospitalized.
- Voting: State House, Senate candidates on Georgia’s ‘reopening’ and coronavirus response, and what similar issues are ahead for the 2021 General Assembly.
- Advance voting under way through Oct. 30 including some weekend options. Candidate information. First Georgia U.S. Senate debate today.
- State Patrol: Tennessee man dies in accident on U.S. 41; second fatality in two days in Bartow County.
- Cartersville tentatively sets Christmas parade for Dec. 3 pending City Council review. Silver Creek Christmas Tree Farm trimming trees as opening nears.
- Ware Mechanical Weather Center: Sunny skies, low 80s through Wednesday.
- Obituaries: Mr. Franklin Penn “Frankie” Coker, Mr. Jeffery Edmondson, Mrs. Juana G. Natividad, Mr. Bobby Gene Terry, Coach Rick Walker.
- Dining: Public Health restaurant inspection scores, Tuesday-Saturday.
- Crimewatch: Updates on area arrests.
Truett’s Chick-Fil-A Sports Report:
John McClellan’s high school picks for this week: Big games for Rome, Darlington, Unity, Rockmart. Cartersville, Cedartown should cruise. McClellan
-Latest high school rankings.
AP Top 25: Georgia holds at no. 3 after Tennessee win.
-Georgia vs. Alabama, 8 p.m. Saturday, CBS.
-Tech vs. Clemson, noon Saturday.
Quinn, general manager out as Falcons fall to 0-5.
-Falcons now 0-5; Panthers win, 23-16.
-Next up: At Minnesota, 1 p.m. Sunday, Fox, 92.9 The Game.
Atlanta Braves vs. Los Angeles Dodgers tonight at 8.
-On Fox TV. Best of seven series. Winner goes to the World Series.
Lakers win NBA crown.
Hometown Text Network:
- Subscribe to major news alerts. Text 313131; type HometownText. Sponsor: Heritage First Bank.