Today’s first headlines:
- Ware Mechanical Weather Center: More rain due today after stormy evening. Trees downed in Floyd County, 2 inches of rain since Friday. Around 200 without power.
- 4 more deaths, one each in Floyd, Bartow, two in Chattooga; 226 victims since March. 72 test positive since Friday. 34 in Floyd, Redmond hospitals.
- COVID on campus: Floyd Schools had a record 490 students, staff in quarantine as of Friday; fall break this week. Rome students return to class on Tuesday after break.
- Voting: Where and when to vote in advance in person starting Monday. Georgia candidate debates begin Monday.
- Week ahead: Rome Commission meets Monday. Floyd Commission, Rome BOE meet on Tuesday. Rome-Floyd Board of Adjustments to discuss setback variances for new restaurant.
- Obituaries: Mrs. Juana G. Natividad, Richard Hal Stieglitz, Mr. Samuel Edward “Ed” Wooten
- Dining: Public Health restaurant inspection scores, Tuesday-Saturday.
- Crimewatch: Updates on area arrests.
- Hardy Realty’s open house gallery for Sunday: 3 bedroom, 2 bath townhome in West Rome. Open House
Truett’s Chick-Fil-A Sports Report:
Latest high school football rankings post later today.
- Rescheduled games (Model vs. Chattooga, Nov. 17)
- Latest statement from GHSA on coronavirus.
Atlanta Braves open National League Championship Monday.
-Braves face Los Angeles Dodgers in best-of-seven series.
Georgia tops Tennessee, 44-21. Next up: Alabama on Oct. 17.
Falcons vs. Carolina, 1 p.m. today, Fox, 92.2 FM The Game.
Community sports updates.
Hometown Text Network:
- Subscribe to major news alerts. Text 313131; type HometownText. Sponsor: Heritage First Bank.