Truett’s Chick-fil-A Sports
Truett’s Chick-fli-A, 264 Shorter Ave., 6 a.m.-10 p.m. Drive-through, curbside and Door Dash.
Mount Berry Mall, 11 a.m.-8:30 p.m. (curbside, carryout, Door Dash). Shipping Container, 6 a.m.-10 p.m. All Monday-Saturday.
Friday night’s scores and highlights:
- FINAL: Rome loses at Carrollton, 34-12.
- FINAL: Pepperell beats Dade County, 41-14.
- FINAL: Darlington wins over King’s Ridge Christian, 27-0.
- FINAL: Coosa tops Lakeview Academy, 23-15.
- FINAL: Armuchee wins over The King’s Academy, 14-13.
- FINAL: Adairsville tops LaFayette, 43-14.
- FINAL: North Murray beats Sonoraville, 40-20.
- FINAL: Gordon Central falls at Fannin County, 57-6.
- Off this week: Cartersville, Calhoun, Cass, Cedartown, Rockmart, Unity.
- Postponed, COVID: Chattooga (1-3, 0-0) at Model (2-2, 0-0). Rescheduled for 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 17.
- Postponed, COVID: Woodland (3-0) at Union County (2-2).
Updates on some of the games postponed because of coronavirus:
- Chattooga will play Gordon Central on Tuesday, Nov. 3 (they were to play Oct. 16).
- Gordon Central-Fannin County game will be moved from Friday, Nov. 6, to Saturday, Nov. 7.
- Chattooga at Model, scheduled for tonight, is now rescheduled for 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 17.
- Model High will play Gordon Central on Saturday, Nov. 21, at noon.
John McClellan’s high school picks: How did John pick ’em Friday night? McClellan
Georgia Tech tops Louisville, 46-27 on Friday. Next: Home vs. Clemson, noon Oct. 17. Georgia Tech
Georgia hosts Tennessee, 3:30 this afternoon, CBS; radio 95.5 FM. Georgia.
Alabama at Ole Miss, today at 7:30 p.m. (time change), ESPN. Alabama
SEC TV schedule for today
- South Carolina at Vanderbilt, Noon, SEC Network
- Florida at Texas A&M, noon, ESPN
- Tennessee at Georgia, 3:30 p.m., CBS
- Arkansas at Auburn, 4 p.m., SEC Network
- Alabama at Ole Miss, 6 p.m., on ESPN
- Mississippi State at Kentucky, 7:30 p.m., SEC Network
- Missouri at LSU, 9 p.m., ESPN
- Falcons (0-4) up next: Home vs. Carolina, 1 p.m. Sunday, Fox. Radio: 92.9 FM The Game.
The Yankees are incredibly saddened to learn of the passing of Hall of Famer Whitey Ford. Whitey spent his entire 16-year career as a Yankee. A 6x WS Champion and 10x All-Star, The Chairman of the Board was one of the best lefties to ever toe the rubber. He will be deeply missed. pic.twitter.com/2KDi4V9SeA
— New York Yankees (@Yankees) October 9, 2020
Atlanta Braves vs. Dodgers in the National League Championship Series. First game Monday at 8:08 p.m. in Texas.
- Best-of-seven series with the winner going to the World Series vs. the American League champ.
- MLB playoffs: Who’s in, who plays when?
Oct. 17: The POWERADE Power Dash 5K and Walk set for Saturday, Oct. 17, at Ridge Ferry Park comes with some pandemic protocols, included ‘waved’ starts for walkers and runners; virtual option, too. What to know
2021 Rome-Floyd Sports Hall of Fame Class: Tim Garrett, Lee-Anda Hutchens, Chris Jones, Lee Mitchell and Brian Smith. Class of 2021
Rome Area Volleyball also staging tryouts: Tryouts for Ages 14 and under: Saturday, October 10, 11:00-2:00. Participant check in and walk up registration will begin at 11:00. Location: John Horace Anthony Center, 2901 Garden Lakes Blvd, NW, Rome, GA 30165. We will have a short parent informational meeting beginning at 11:45. We request that masks be properly worn while in the building. For much more.