Truett’s Chick-fil-A Sports
Truett’s Chick-fli-A, 264 Shorter Ave., 6 a.m.-10 p.m. Drive-through, curbside and Door Dash.
Mount Berry Mall, 11 a.m.-8:30 p.m. (curbside, carryout, Door Dash). Shipping Container, 6 a.m.-10 p.m. All Monday-Saturday.
- FINAL: Rome loses at Carrollton, 34-12.
- FINAL: Pepperell beats Dade County, 41-14.
- FINAL: Darlington wins over King’s Ridge Christian, 27-0.
- FINAL: Coosa tops Lakeview Academy, 23-15.
- FINAL: Armuchee wins over The King’s Academy, 14-13.
- FINAL: Adairsville tops LaFayette, 43-14.
- FINAL: North Murray beats Sonoraville, 40-20.
- FINAL: Gordon Central falls at Fannin County, 57-6.
- Off this week: Cartersville, Calhoun, Cass, Cedartown, Rockmart, Unity.
- Postponed, COVID: Chattooga (1-3, 0-0) at Model (2-2, 0-0). Rescheduled for 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 17.
- Postponed, COVID: Woodland (3-0) at Union County (2-2)
Woodland High to miss third game because of coronavirus: The Bartow County high school had the game with Chamblee canceled a week ago because of a virus case and also has canceled the game with Union County set for tonight. With the 13 cases reported at the high school and other factors, Woodland also has canceled or delayed next Friday’s game with Blessed Trinity. Woodland is 3-0 so far this season.
Updates on some of the games postponed because of coronavirus, courtesy of John McClellan:
- Chattooga will play Gordon Central on Tuesday, Nov. 3 (they were to play Oct. 16).
- Gordon Central-Fannin County game will be moved from Friday, Nov. 6, to Saturday, Nov. 7.
- Chattooga at Model, scheduled for tonight, is now rescheduled for 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 17.
- Model High will play Gordon Central on Saturday, Nov. 21, at noon.
John McClellan’s high school picks: Close wins for Rome, Woodland this Friday; Darlington, Pepperell should cruise. McClellan
— Atlanta Braves (@Braves) October 8, 2020
Atlanta Braves sweep their way to the championship series with 7-0 win over Marlins.
- Results: A huge shutout for the Braves as they sweep Miami in the best-of-five series.
- Next: Monday vs. Dodgers in the National League Championship Series at 8:08 p.m.
- MLB playoffs: Who’s in, who plays when?
Georgia Tech hosts Louisville, tonight at 7 on ESPN. Georgia Tech
- Georgia Tech head coach Geoff Collins and Louisville head coach Scott Satterfield were the defensive and offensive coordinators, respectively, on head coach Mario Cristobal’s Florida International team that won the 2010 Sun Belt Conference championship and earned the first bowl berth in FIU history with a trip to the Little Caesars Bowl in Detroit, where the Panthers defeated Toledo, 34-32.
Georgia hosts Tennessee, Saturday at 3:30 p.m., CBS. Georgia.
- Coach Kirby Smart on the physicality of this three-game stretch [Auburn, Tennessee, Alabama]: “I’m going to be honest with you, they’re all physical games. So, the Arkansas game was physical, Kentucky is extremely physical. They’re all physical. I hear what you’re saying but when I watch the tape, and when you play the SEC schedule that we’re playing, there is nobody that has a week off I assure you.”
Alabama at Ole Miss, Saturday at 6 p.m., ESPN. Alabama
SEC TV schedule for Saturday:
- South Carolina at Vanderbilt, Noon, SEC Network
- Florida at Texas A&M, noon, ESPN
- Tennessee at Georgia, 3:30 p.m., CBS
- Arkansas at Auburn, 4 p.m., SEC Network
- Alabama at Ole Miss, 6 p.m., on ESPN
- Mississippi State at Kentucky, 7:30 p.m., SEC Network
- Missouri at LSU, 9 p.m., ESPN
- Falcons (0-4) up next: Home vs. Carolina, 1 p.m. Sunday, Fox. Radio: 92.9 FM The Game.
- Updates: The Atlanta Falcons announced Thursday that they have activated rookie cornerback A.J. Terrell off of the reserve/COVID-19 list. Terrell, the team’s first-round pick in this year’s NFL Draft, went on the reserve/COVID-19 list prior to Atlanta’s game against the Chicago Bears and also missed the prime-time matchup with the Green Bay Packers. A starter entering the season, Terrell showed improvement from Week 1 to Week 2 and is an important figure for the Falcons’ defense moving forward.
Atlanta’s has dealt with injuries in the secondary in recent weeks, having to place starting cornerback Darqueze Dennard and starting safety Damontae Kazee on injured reserve in back-to-back weeks. Falcons defensive coordinator said Wednesday, “We can’t wait to see him,” while discussing Terrell’s possibly return. Terrell recorded 11 tackles in his first two NFL games, and it remains to be seen if he’ll return to the lineup for Atlanta’s Week 5 matchup against the Carolina Panthers. The Panthers currently boast the league’s No. 8 passing attack and a trio of talented wide receivers.
Congrats to Paola Rosario for earning GSC Golfer of the Week and Freshman of the Week! pic.twitter.com/4u18Xki7Lq
— Shorter Hawks (@ShorterHawks) October 8, 2020
Oct. 17: The POWERADE Power Dash 5K and Walk set for Saturday, Oct. 17, at Ridge Ferry Park comes with some pandemic protocols, included ‘waved’ starts for walkers and runners; virtual option, too. What to know
2021 Rome-Floyd Sports Hall of Fame Class: Tim Garrett, Lee-Anda Hutchens, Chris Jones, Lee Mitchell and Brian Smith. Class of 2021
Rome Area Volleyball also staging tryouts: Tryouts for Ages 14 and under: Saturday, October 10, 11:00-2:00. Participant check in and walk up registration will begin at 11:00. Location: John Horace Anthony Center, 2901 Garden Lakes Blvd, NW, Rome, GA 30165. We will have a short parent informational meeting beginning at 11:45. We request that masks be properly worn while in the building. For much more.