Today’s first headlines:
- Quick hits: Chipotle opens in Rome today. Air show buzz: Tickets $130 per carload per day. AMC Cartersville theaters now open Friday-Sunday.
- Business: Southeastern Mills no more: Starting now, it is Summit Hill Foods. Switch caps a huge year for Rome-based company.
- Shannon woman, 74, dies following collision at Ga. 53 and Burlington Road.
- Accident claims beloved Cass Middle School teacher Ginger Thompson. State Patrol continues to investigate collision between her Yukon and a concrete mixer truck.
- COVID on campus: Bartow high school has 13 positive cases. Floyd Schools have 463 students, staff in quarantine (record is 473). Rome schools on fall break.
- Virus claims Bartow, Chattooga residents; 221 now lost in NW Georgia. 69 more test positive through Thursday. This week’s video update from Dr. Gary Voccio.
- Weekend: Rome River Jam opens gates to socially distanced prototype tonight at 5. Fiddlin’ Fest a go for Saturday. The Market moves to Oct. 24.
- Ware Mechanical Weather Center: Probably 1.5 inches of rain late tonight through Sunday, gusts to 20 mph but temperatures in the upper 70s.
- Voting: Where and when to vote in advance in person starting Monday. Georgia candidate debates begin Monday.
- Buzz: Darlington offering a series of virtual open houses, from academics to arts to athletics. Golf tournament raises $8,000 for Habitat.
- Obituaries: Cathy Jean Blakley, Charles Michael “Mickey” Cox, Mrs. Jean P. Duncan-Aiken, Mr. Scottie Gerald Davis, Mrs. Sandra Murle “Sandy” White Millard.
- Dining: Public Health restaurant inspection scores, Tuesday-Saturday.
- Crimewatch: Updates on area arrests.
- Hardy Realty Open House Gallery for Sunday: 3 bedroom, 2 bath townhome in West Rome. Open house
Truett’s Chick-Fil-A Sports Report:
High school football: Tonight’s games, scores.
- John McClellan’s picks to win.
- Your kickoff forecast for tonight.
- Woodland postpones third game.
- A look at rescheduled games (Model vs. Chattooga, Nov. 17)
Atlanta Braves heading to the National League Championship vs. Dodgers.
-Atlanta sweeps Marlins, three games to none in best-of-five series.
Louisville at Georgia Tech, 7 tonight on ESPN.
Georgia vs. Tennessee, 3:30 p.m. Saturday on CBS.
-Other SEC games on TV.
Falcons vs. Carolina, 1 p.m. Sunday, Fox, 92.2 FM The Game.
Community sports updates: Volleyball tryouts Saturday… Floyd Schools set swimming tryouts… Honors for Shorter golfer.
Hometown Text Network:
- Subscribe to major news alerts. Text 313131; type HometownText. Sponsor: Heritage First Bank.