Truett’s Chick-fil-A Sports
Truett’s Chick-fli-A, 264 Shorter Ave., 6 a.m.-10 p.m. Drive-through, curbside and Door Dash.
Mount Berry Mall, 11 a.m.-8:30 p.m. (curbside, carryout, Door Dash). Shipping Container, 6 a.m.-10 p.m. All Monday-Saturday.
Atlanta Braves vs. Marlins, today at 2 p.m. in Houston.
- Results: Atlanta 2, Marlins 0. Ian Anderson made another stellar playoff start, aided by HRs from Travis d’Arnaud and Dansby Swanson.
- Next: Today vs. Marlins at Minute Maid Park, Houston. 2 p.m. on FS1. Radio: WLAQ 96.9 FM or 1410 AM. Best of five series; winner advances to the National League Championship Series. Friday game also at 2 p.m., if needed; Saturday at 4 p.m. if needed.
- MLB playoffs: Who’s in, who plays when?
Friday night kickoff forecast: 72 degrees, 8-mph breeze, small chance of rain — but bring coats or umbrellas.
John McClellan’s high school picks: Close wins for Rome, Woodland this Friday; Darlington, Pepperell should cruise. McClellan
Friday night’s games:
- Rome (2-2, 1-0) at Class 6A Number 9 Carrollton (1-1, 1-0)
- Dade County (1-3, 0-0) at Pepperell (1-3, 0-0)
- King’s Ridge Christian (2-0) at Class 1A Private Darlington (3-1)
- Lakeview Academy (2-1) at Coosa (2-1)
- The King’s Academy (1-2) at Armuchee (1-2)
- Adairsville (2-1, 1-0) at LaFayette (2-2, 2-0)
- North Murray (1-1, 1-0) at Sonoraville (2-1, 0-1)
- Gordon Central (1-3, 0-0) at Fannin County (3-0, 0-0)
- Off this week: Cartersville, Calhoun, Cass, Cedartown, Rockmart, Unity.
- Postponed, COVID: Chattooga (1-3, 0-0) at Model (2-2, 0-0)
- Postponed, COVID: Woodland (3-0) at Union County (2-2)
Georgia Tech hosts Louisville, Friday at 7 p.m. on ESPN. Georgia Tech
- Georgia Tech is hosting Louisville for the first time and playing the Cardinals for only the second time ever on the gridiron. After Louisville joined the ACC in 2014, Tech and UL squared off for the first time on Oct. 5, 2018 at Cardinal Stadium in Louisville, Ky. (also in a nationally televised Friday night affair on ESPN). The Yellow Jackets routed the Cardinals, 66-31.
- The Jackets enter Friday’s contest ranked among the nation’s top 25 in 10 different statistical categories — net punting (fourth – 46.14 avg.), fumble recoveries (seventh – 3), fewest sacks allowed (eighth – .67/gm), takeaways (15th – 6), rushing offense (15th – 221.0 ypg), red-zone defense (18th – .750), total offense (22nd – 454.0 ypg), defensive interceptions (23rd – 3) and offensive first downs (25th – 70).
- Offensively, Georgia Tech has amassed more than 400 yards per game in each of its first three contests this season — 438 at Florida State (Sept. 12), 471 vs. No. 14 UCF (Sept. 19) and 453 at Syracuse (Sept. 26). In marks the first time that Tech has had three-straight 400-yard games at any point of a season since 2016, the first time that the Yellow Jackets have opened a season with three-straight 400-yard games since 2013 and the first time the Jackets have opened a season with 400-yard games against three-straight NCAA Division I-A/FBS opponents since 1999.
Georgia hosts Tennessee, Saturday at 3:30 p.m., CBS. Georgia.
Alabama at Ole Miss, Saturday at 6 p.m., ESPN. Alabama
SEC TV schedule for Saturday:
- South Carolina at Vanderbilt, Noon, SEC Network
- Florida at Texas A&M, noon, ESPN
- Tennessee at Georgia, 3:30 p.m., CBS
- Arkansas at Auburn, 4 p.m., SEC Network
- Alabama at Ole Miss, 6 p.m., on ESPN
- Mississippi State at Kentucky, 7:30 p.m., SEC Network
- Missouri at LSU, 9 p.m., ESPN
- Falcons (0-4) up next: Home vs. Carolina, 1 p.m. Sunday, Fox. Radio: 92.9 FM The Game.
- Updates: The Atlanta Falcons are banged up coming out of their primetime matchup against the Green Bay Packers and have a short week to recover before taking on the Carolina Panthers this weekend at Mercedes-Benz Stadium. The good news for Atlanta is that a number of players were able to practice in a limited fashion, including safeties Ricardo Allen and Keanu Neal as well as defensive end Takk McKinley, who have each missed games this season. The bad news for the Falcons is that Julio Jones and Jaylinn Hawkins, who were unable to finish the Packers game, missed Wednesday’s practice due to a hamstring injury and a concussion, respectively. Here is the Falcons’ full injury report from Wednesday.
Oct. 17: The POWERADE Power Dash 5K and Walk set for Saturday, Oct. 17, at Ridge Ferry Park comes with some pandemic protocols, included ‘waved’ starts for walkers and runners; virtual option, too. What to know
2021 Rome-Floyd Sports Hall of Fame Class: Tim Garrett, Lee-Anda Hutchens, Chris Jones, Lee Mitchell and Brian Smith. Class of 2021
Rome Area Volleyball also staging tryouts: Tryouts for Ages 14 and under: Saturday, October 10, 11:00-2:00. Participant check in and walk up registration will begin at 11:00. Location: John Horace Anthony Center, 2901 Garden Lakes Blvd, NW, Rome, GA 30165. We will have a short parent informational meeting beginning at 11:45. We request that masks be properly worn while in the building. For much more.