Today’s first headlines:
- 4 more Northwest Georgians die from COVID — 1 from Floyd, 3 from Polk. 56 new cases. 40 in Floyd, Redmond, down 7 from Tuesday.
- COVID on campus: St. Mary’s going virtual 4 days next week. 9 positive at Floyd Schools; 423 quarantined. Rome on fall break. Berry: 14 students, 1 staffer positive since Oct. 1.
- Ware Mechanical Weather Center: One more day in the 80s and then a slight cooling to upper 70s over the weekend. Rain forecast now around an inch, Saturday into Sunday.
- Health: ‘Hit the Bin’ drug drop Saturday in Rome; ‘Crush the Crisis’ Oct. 24 in Cartersville. Alzheimer’s virtual walk set for Nov. 7.
- Voting: Already powered by a robust absentee voting push, advance voting starts Monday — with weekend options, too.
- Darlington Players, Upper School Theater Lab bypass pandemic by going digital with four productions. What to know.
- Obituaries: Kimberly Marie Bell Davis, Ms. Dorothy Renee Moore, Mr. Charles William “Bony” Riley, Mr. Robert Sullivan Jr.
- Dining: Public Health restaurant inspection scores, Tuesday-Saturday.
- Crimewatch: Updates on area arrests.
Truett’s Chick-Fil-A Sports Report:
Braves a win away from the National League Championship Series thanks to 2-0 win vs. Marlins on Wednesday.
-Game 3 today at 2 p.m. on Fox Sports 1.
Friday night’s high school football games; John McClellan’s picks.
-COVID cancels Model-Chattooga, Woodland-Union County games.
-Kickoff weather forecast: Low 70s, maybe some rain..
Georgia Tech hosts Louisville Friday night, ESPN.
Georgia vs. Tennessee in Athens on Saturday, 3:30 p.m., CBS.
-Other SEC games on TV this weekend.
Community sports updates including volleyball tryouts.
Hometown Text Network:
- Subscribe to major news alerts. Text 313131; type HometownText. Sponsor: Heritage First Bank.