Truett’s Chick-fil-A Sports
Truett’s Chick-fli-A, 264 Shorter Ave., 6 a.m.-10 p.m. Drive-through, curbside and Door Dash.
Mount Berry Mall, 11 a.m.-8:30 p.m. (curbside, carryout, Door Dash). Shipping Container, 6 a.m.-10 p.m. All Monday-Saturday.
AJC high school rankings for the week of Oct. 3: Click here for list.
- 5A: Cartersville (4-1) falls a spot to no. 4.
- 5A: Calhoun (4-1) holds at no. 6.
- 3A: Rockmart (3-1) holds at no. 9.
- 1A private: 3-1 Darlington stays at no. 10.
The Associated Press Top 25 for Sunday, Oct. 4: Click for entire list
- Top five: Clemson is no. 1 followed by no. 2 Alabama, no. 3 Georgia, No. 4 Florida, no. 5, Notre Dame.
- Other SEC: Auburn is no. 13, Tennessee no. 14, LSU no. 17, Texas A & M is 21.
- Other ACC: Miami is no. 7, North Carolina no. 8, Virginia Tech, 19.
Later today: Latest high school football rankings.
John McClellan’s high school picks: Next column due Monday.
Georgia High School Association newsletter: Latest edition has multiple sports updates and previews the association’s Monday meeting. Click GHSA
Georgia wins 27-6 over Auburn. Next: Tennessee at Georgia, 3:30 p.m., ESPN. Georgia.
Alabama beats Texas A&M, 52-24. Next: Alabama at Ole Miss, 6 p.m., ESPN. Alabama
Georgia Tech off on Saturday. Next: At home vs. Louisville, Oct. 9 at 7 p.m. Georgia Tech
SEC TV schedule for Oct. 10:
- South Carolina at Vanderbilt, Noon, SEC Network
- Florida at Texas A&M, 3:30 p.m., ESPN
- Tennessee at Georgia, 3:30 p.m., ESPN
- Arkansas at Auburn, 4 p.m., SEC Network
- Alabama at Ole Miss, 6 p.m., on ESPN
- Mississippi State at Kentucky, 7:30 p.m., SEC Network
- Missouri at LSU, 9 p.m., ESPN
Atlanta Braves play next on Tuesday in Houston.
- Next: Tuesday vs. Marlins at Minute Maid Park, Houston. Time 2 p.m. Fox Sports 1. Best of five series; winner advances to the National League Championship Series.
- MLB playoffs: Who’s in, who plays when?
- Falcons, 0-3: Next: At Green Bay, Monday, Oct. 5, 8:15 p.m. TV: ESPN. Radio: 92.9 The Game.
- Updates: The Atlanta Falcons will be down four starters heading into Monday night’s game against the Green Bay Packers with the possibility that star receivers Julio Jones and Calvin Ridley could miss the action as well. Jones and Ridley are both listed as questionable, while defensive end Takk McKinley joins Keanu Neal, Ricardo Allen and Younghoe Koo as the players officially ruled out for Monday night. There is a positive spin to the injury report as well, though, as players like Kaleb McGary, Grady Jarrett and Foye Oluokun look to be in good shape heading into the prime-time matchup. The Falcons will need as many players on the field as possible for this important game.
Oct. 17: The POWERADE Power Dash 5K and Walk set for Saturday, Oct. 17, at Ridge Ferry Park comes with some pandemic protocols, included ‘waved’ starts for walkers and runners; virtual option, too. What to know
2021 Rome-Floyd Sports Hall of Fame Class: Tim Garrett, Lee-Anda Hutchens, Chris Jones, Lee Mitchell and Brian Smith. Class of 2021