Today’s first headlines:
- Although cases continue to rise in Floyd, Bartow, number of tests at free sites drop. One more death posted in NW Georgia on Saturday; regional total now at 214. Trump continues to be hospitalized for COVID.
- COVID on campus: 570 students, staff in quarantine at Floyd County, Rome City schools as Fall Break begins. One new case each at five different schools.
- Business: Java Joy sets Oct. 26 launch of mobile unit in Rome staffed by adults with disabilities serving “coffee, ‘air’ hugs and joy”.
- Voting: Monday the last day to register to vote in the Nov. 3 election; several ways to register in person, online. Graves’ resignation effective tonight. Vice presidential debate set for Wednesday evening.
- Ware Mechanical Weather Center: Gorgeous fall forecast continues with sunshine, highs near 80 expected all week.
- Obituaries: Elizabeth Forehand Buchanan, Mr. Hubert Cothron Jr., Mrs. Ellie Delores Hinnant, Mr. Billy Eugene Morris, Sr., Margaret N. Smith
- Dining: Public Health restaurant inspection scores, Tuesday-Saturday.
- Crimewatch: Updates on area arrests.
Truett’s Chick-Fil-A Sports Report:
- Latest high school football rankings later today.
- Georgia tops Auburn. Tech off on Saturday.
- Atlanta Braves to face Marlins in NL Division Series starting Tuesday.
- Falcons at Green Bay for Monday Night Football, 8:15 p.m., ESPN.
- Community sports updates.
Hometown Text Network:
- Subscribe to major news alerts. Text 313131; type HometownText. Sponsor: Heritage First Bank.