Today’s first headlines:
- Business: Room Service closing in Rome on Oct. 10 as focus shifts to Lynne Griffin Designs.
- Four more deaths posted in NW Georgia on Friday: 1 in Floyd, 1 in Bartow, 2 in Gordon. That’s 213 since March 15. Also: The latest on the Trumps; what’s next.
- COVID on campus: 552 students, staff in quarantine at Floyd County, Rome City schools. One new case each at Rome High, Model High.
- Voting: Monday the last day to register to vote in the Nov. 3 election; several ways to do so. Graves’ resignation effective late Sunday. Vice presidential debate Wednesday night.
- Buzz: Big honors for Berry College from U.S. News. Upcoming breast cancer awareness events.
- Ware Mechanical Weather Center: After a chilly start this morning, highs in the low 70s. A bit warmer on Sunday.
- Obituaries: Mr. Paul Ray Cadle Sr., Mr. Hubert Cothron Jr.
- Dining: Public Health restaurant inspection scores, Tuesday-Saturday.
- Crimewatch: Updates on area arrests.
Truett’s Chick-Fil-A Sports Report:
- Friday night football: Big wins by Rome, Darlington, Unity, Cedartown, Rockmart, Cass and Calhoun.
- Georgia hosts Auburn tonight; ESPN’s Game Day in Athens.
- Tech off this week; SEC TV schedule.
- Atlanta Braves to face Marlins in NL Division Series starting Tuesday.
- Falcons at Green Bay for Monday Night Football, 8:15 p.m., ESPN.
- Community sports updates.
Hometown Text Network:
- Subscribe to major news alerts. Text 313131; type HometownText. Sponsor: Heritage First Bank.