Today’s first headlines:
- Dining: New restaurant planned for former Long John Silver’s on Turner McCall in Rome; a familiar name is attached to it.
- Bartow boom continues as Agile Cold Storage plans 150,000-square-foot campus at 400 Hamilton Crossing Road; 70 new jobs.
- Whether you’re headed for a rustic weekend in the woods or expecting rough times ahead, Roman Readiness has the ultimate ‘be prepared’ supplies in stock.
- Highland 75, one of the hottest development sites in Northwest Georgia, just got a significant upgrade.
- Trump, Melania Trump test positive for COVID-19; ‘are both well at this time.’ In NW Georgia: Gordon resident first fatality in October; 58 in Floyd, Redmond hospitals; 80 new positive tests Thursday.
- COVID on campus: 579 students, staff in quarantine at Floyd County, Rome City schools. New positive case at Rome High.
- Davies Shelter awarded $212,000 grant to fund the organization’s farmer training program.
- Today, Monday the last days to register to vote in the Nov. 3 election; several ways to register in person, online. Vice presidential debate Wednesday evening. Absentee info.
- Education: Amid pandemic concerns, the Georgia Northwestern Technical College Foundation hopes to raise $20,000 for student scholarship assistance.
- Buzz: Final farmer’s market at Ridge Ferry this Saturday; The Market in Shannon this week.
- Ware Mechanical Weather Center: Cool day ahead, sunny and 70; Saturday morning’s low will be 44 degrees. A little warmer through Sunday.
- Obituaries: Mr. Michael Wayne Binkley, Mr. Robert Dewey Lanier.
- Dining: Public Health restaurant inspection scores, Tuesday-Saturday.
- Crimewatch: Updates on area arrests.
Truett’s Chick-Fil-A Sports Report:
Atlanta Braves win 5-0, advance to National League Division Series
-Next up: Cubs or Marlins; Miami leads series, 1-0; rematch today.
Tonight’s high school football games.
-Scores as they happen on the sports stream plus updates tonight.
-John McClellan’s picks for tonight.
-Kickoff forecast: Perfect fall evening.
Georgia hosts Auburn Saturday night; ESPN’s ‘Game Day’ on campus, 9 a.m.-noon.
-Georgia Tech off this week.
-SEC TV schedule for Saturday and Oct. 10.
Falcons at Green Bay Monday night. Injury report.
Hometown Text Network:
- Subscribe to major news alerts. Text 313131; type HometownText. Sponsor: Heritage First Bank.