Today’s first headlines:
- Rome City Commission votes 8-0 to approve revised TAD deal for the Fairfield adjoining the Rome Tennis Center.
- Jump in quarantines at West Central, from 2 to 110 students; faculty/staff, from 6 to 13. Floyd drops by 65 to 337. Berry positive tests at 120 since Aug. 1 including 104 students.
- Data hub analyzes Floyd COVID cases, deaths: Most cases to date among those 15 to 24; all but 3 of 45 deaths have been those 55 and older. Latest regional reports.
- Voting: First presidential debate tonight at 9. Our absentee ballot tracker: From drop box delivery to received/accepted in eight hours. Voter registration deadline is Monday.
- Superintendent update Wednesday from Floyd County Schools. Darlington’s Murphy, Yan named Commended Students by National Merit Scholarship Program. Honors for Berry.
- Gas prices up, down in mixed up week. St. Andrew’s sets Blessing of the Pets for Sunday. ‘Hit the Bin’ Drug Drop is Oct. 10. ‘Swing for Kids’ a success.
- Ware Mechanical Weather Center: High of 66 today; lows in the mid 40s by the weekend.
- Obituaries: Mrs. Esperanza Cruz Escutia, Ms. Helen G. Hughes, Mr. Danny Frank Plant, Robert Dominic Rhinehart, Alice Victoria “Vicky” Skelton.
- Services scheduled for Adairsville couple, both battling COVID, who died 30 minutes apart. Included: Obituaries for Tammy and Willis Worley.
- Dining: Public Health restaurant inspection scores, Tuesday-Saturday. 100 for Chipotle on initial inspection.
- Crimewatch: Updates on area arrests.
Truett’s Chick-Fil-A Sports Report:
Braves vs. Reds: Best-of-three game playoff series starts Wednesday. Noon, ESPN.
John McClellan’s high school football picks for Friday.
-Friday night’s schedule.
Georgia hosts Auburn Saturday night; Tech off this weekend.
-SEC TV schedule for Saturday, also for Oct. 10.
Community sports updates.
Hometown Text Network:
- Subscribe to major news alerts. Text 313131; type HometownText. Sponsor: Heritage First Bank.