Truett’s Chick-fil-A Sports
Truett’s Chick-fli-A, 264 Shorter Ave., 6 a.m.-10 p.m. Drive-through, curbside and Door Dash.
Mount Berry Mall, 11 a.m.-8:30 p.m. (curbside, carryout, Door Dash). Shipping Container, 6 a.m.-10 p.m. All Monday-Saturday.
- 5A: Cartersville (4-0), no. 3, no change.
- 5A: Calhoun (4-1), no. 6, no change.
- 3A: Rockmart (2-1) no. 9, no change.
- A private: Darlington (2-1), No. 10, no change.
The Associated Press Top 25 for Sunday, Sept. 27: Click for entire list
- Top five: Clemson is no. 1 followed by no. 2 Alabama, no. 3 Florida, no. 4 Georgia and no. 5, Notre Dame.
- Other SEC: Auburn is no. 7, Texas A & M is 13, Mississippi State is no. 16, LSU is no. 20, and Tennessee is no. 21.
- Other ACC: North Carolina no. 12, and Pittsburgh, no. 24.
- Armuchee falls to Cherokee County (Ala.), 56-6.
Later today: Latest high school football rankings.
John McClellan’s high school picks. New picks coming Monday.
Rome 8th Grade 26, McEachern 8.
- Rome 7th Grade 42, McEachern 0.
- McEachern 6th Grade 22, Rome 14 in overtime.
Georgia tops Arkansas, 37-10. Next: Hosts Auburn, Oct. 3 at 7:30 p.m., ESPN. Georgia.
Alabama beats Missouri, 38-19. Next: At home vs. Texas A&M, Oct. 3 at 3:30 p.m.
Georgia Tech falls to Syracuse, 37-20. Next: Off Oct. 3. At home vs. Louisville, Oct. 9 at 7 p.m. Georgia Tech
Atlanta Braves host Boston.
- Latest results: Braves fall to Red Sox, 8-2, on Saturday.
- Next: At home vs. Boston today at 3:10 p.m. Playoffs begin Wednesday.
- 2020 Schedule / TV Braves
- Around the majors. MLB / Scores/Schedule / MLB Network
- Roster: Braves third baseman Austin Riley will miss the final two regular-season games against the Red Sox because of a tight right quad.
- Falcons host Bears, 1 p.m. Sunday. TV: Fox. Radio: 92.9 The Game.
The Atlanta Falcons announced Saturday that they have placed starting cornerback A.J. Terrell on the reserve/COVID-19 list along with other corresponding moves. Heading into Sunday’s game against the Chicago Bears, the Falcons will be without cornerback Kendall Sheffield and safety Ricardo Allen, who were ruled out due to injury on Friday. In addition to placing Terrell on the reserve/COVID-19 list, the Falcons have promoted cornerbacks Tyler Hall and Delrick Abrams, and linebacker Edmond Robinson to their active roster ahead of Sunday’s game against the Chicago Bears.
The Willard Nixon/Rome Orthopaedic Center Sports Hall of Fame Golf Tournament set for Friday, Oct. 2 at Stonebridge Golf Course.The tournament is a four-person scramble event with a 1 p.m. shotgun start. Team entry is $300 and covers green fees, cart fees, range ball and lunch. Hole sponsorships are also available for $100 each.All money raised from the tournament goes to help fund the John Pinson Jr Outstanding Student Athlete Scholarship, which recognizes one college-bound male and female senior from each local high school.Click here to download the registration form. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The POWERADE Power Dash 5K and Walk set for Saturday, Oct. 17, at Ridge Ferry Park comes with some pandemic protocols, included ‘waved’ starts for walkers and runners; virtual option, too. What to know