Today’s first headlines:
- Rome Commission to vote on new agreement to be ‘sole funder’ of TAD for Berry’s proposed Fairfield Inn hotel during Monday’s meeting.
- Missing Marietta woman found dead in overturned vehicle down in embankment in Bartow County; five days after reported missing. No foul play suspected.
- Two new deaths reported in Northwest Georgia on Friday, regional toll stands at 200 since March. Also: 104 new positive tests here brings total to over 10,083 cases since March.
- COVID on campus: 564 students, staff in quarantine at Floyd, Rome schools. Seven new positive tests reported. At Berry: 36 students, 1 employee positive since Sunday.
- Trump to nominate Amy Coney Barrett to fill U.S. Supreme Court seat vacated by death of Ruth Bader Ginsburg. What to know about Barrett.
- Education: Rome City Schools to launch new Virtual Online Live Tutoring program for all students on Monday. Two Rome High seniors commended by National Merit Scholarship program.
- Buzz: The Davies Shelter awarded $50K grant for farm program, but needs help for matching funds. New Courtyard by Marriott Carterville now open near Clarence Brown Conference Center.
- Ware Mechanical Weather Center: Partly sunny, high near 82. Slight rain chance on Sunday with high near 84. Low temps in the 50s by end of next week.
- Obituaries: Mrs. Thelma Jacquelin Lanning Brackett, Mrs. Katherine Floyd Chambers, Laura Annette Pruitt Jamison, Mr. Joe Thomas Matthews, Jr., Mr. Hal Earnest “Pee Wee” Truitt Sr.
- Dining: Public Health restaurant inspection scores, Tuesday-Saturday.
- Crimewatch: Updates on area arrests.
- Hardy Realty’s open house gallery for Sunday: A 5-bedroom, 3-bath home in Maplewood priced at $299,900. Open house
Truett’s Chick-Fil-A Sports Report:
- Friday’s high school football scores.
- Tonight: Armuchee hosts Cherokee Co. (Al) at 7 p.m.
- Georgia opens season at Arkansas today at 4 p.m.
- Georgia Tech at Syracuse today at noon.
- The Falcons host Bears on Sunday.
- Atlanta Braves-Boston Red Sox updates and schedule.
- Community sports updates.
Hometown Text Network:
- Subscribe to major news alerts. Text 313131; type HometownText. Sponsor: Heritage First Bank.