Truett’s Chick-fil-A Sports
Truett’s Chick-fli-A, 264 Shorter Ave., 6 a.m.-10 p.m. Drive-through and Door Dash.
Mount Berry Mall, 11 a.m.-8:30 p.m. (curbside, carryout, Door Dash). Shipping Container, 6 a.m.-10 p.m. All Monday-Saturday.
- Class 6A Number 3 Rome (1-0) at Cherokee (2-0)
- St. Francis (0-2) at Class 1A Number 9 Darlington (1-0)
- Trion (0-1) at Model (1-1)
- Now at 7 p.m. Saturday: Class 2A Number 8 Bremen (2-0) at Pepperell (0-2)
- Coosa (1-0) at Lookout Valley (Tenn.) (2-2)
- Fideles Christian School (1-1, 0-0) at Unity Christian School (2-0, 0-0)
- Alexander (2-0) at Class 5A Number 3 Cartersville (2-0)
- Cass (2-0) at Sequoyah (0-2)
- Cedartown (0-1) at Class 5A Number 8 Calhoun (1-1)
- Chattooga (1-1) at Sonoraville (1-0)
- Southeast Whitfield (0-2) at Gordon Central (0-2)
- Off this week: Adairsville, Armuchee), Rockmart and Woodland.
Saturday: Georgia Tech (1-0) hosts Central Florida, 3:30 p.m., ESPN. Schedule
Sept. 26: Georgia at Arkansas, 4 p.m.
Sept. 26: Alabama at Missouri, 7 p.m., ESPN.
Sept. 26: Georgia Tech at Syracuse.
Atlanta Braves at Baltimore through tonight
- Latest results: Braves 5, Baltimore 1. Adam Duvall hit his 15th homer, 10th of September … and you could argue he’s the third best Brave this month.
- Next: At Baltimore tonight at 7:35. Off Thursday. At Yankees 7:10 p.m. Friday and Saturday, 1:10 p.m. Sunday.
- 2020 Schedule / TV Braves
- Around the majors. MLB / Scores/Schedule / MLB Network
- Major League Baseball announced its schedule for the 2020 Postseason, highlighted by the first neutral-site Fall Classic in modern history. Not only will the Division Series, League Championship Series and World Series all be played at neutral-site locations, but the schedule for these series has been altered in terms of off-days, meaning teams will have plenty of decisions to make when it comes to pitching. Expanded report.
- Falcons. Next up: At Dallas, 1 p.m. Sunday. TV: Fox. Radio: 92.9 The Game.
- Falcons release depth chart for Sunday’s game. Roster
Several local pickleball players took home honors this past weekend while competing in the Georgia Recreation and Park Association State Pickleball Tournament in Spalding County. Mark Price led the way, winning the 4.0 men’s singles state title for the second year in a row. Two husband-wife combinations finished on the podium in mixed doubles as Jaleel Riaz and his wife Angelyn won the silver medal in the 4.0 mixed doubles division. Steve and Jamie Bennett finished on top of the podium, winning the gold in 3.0 mixed doubles. The husbands from those pairs then teamed with new partners in regular doubles to grab podium finishes as well. Jaleel Riaz teamed with Mark Dodd to win gold in 4.0 doubles. Steve Bennett paired with Eddie Stokes to finish first in 3.0 doubles.
The Willard Nixon/Rome Orthopaedic Center Sports Hall of Fame Golf Tournament set for Friday, Oct. 2 at Stonebridge Golf Course.The tournament is a four-person scramble event with a 1 p.m. shotgun start. Team entry is $300 and covers green fees, cart fees, range ball and lunch. Hole sponsorships are also available for $100 each.All money raised from the tournament goes to help fund the John Pinson Jr Outstanding Student Athlete Scholarship, which recognizes one college-bound male and female senior from each local high school.Click here to download the registration form. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The POWERADE Power Dash 5K and Walk set for Saturday, Oct. 17, at Ridge Ferry Park comes with some pandemic protocols, included ‘waved’ starts for walkers and runners; virtual option, too. What to know