Today’s first headlines:
- Ware Mechanical Weather Alert: Flash flood watch starts at 2 p.m.; heaviest rain between 2 a.m. and 7 p.m. Thursday. At least 4 inches on the way.
- State: Floyd, Bartow, Chattooga in ‘high transmission’ areas. 100 more positive tests since Monday. Kemp extends guidelines, especially for long-term care facilities.
- COVID on campus: 747 students, staff in quarantine at Floyd, Rome City schools. Armuchee High at 175, Rome Middle at 103.
- Politics: Sample ballots now available for upcoming election. GPB sets online, on air TV debates. How to get an absentee ballot — and track it. Political calendar.
- Buzz: Rome City Commission retreat is today, Thursday at Hawthorn. Second Cartersville Urgent Care opens. Booth cancels most of annual cowboy gathering.
- Remembering Rev. Melissa Kean, “an absolute masterpiece. She was intelligent, witty, creative, adventurous, passionate, kind.’ Services to be held in Colorado.
- Obituaries: Mr. Larry Stephen Adams Sr., Mr. John Allen, Mrs. Bernice Jackson McKnight, Mr. Thomas Richard “Tommy” Shores.
- Dining: Public Health restaurant inspection scores, Tuesday-Saturday.
- Crimewatch: Updates on area arrests.
Truett’s Chick-Fil-A Sports Report:
Bremen at Pepperell game shifts to Saturday night because of rain.
-This weekend’s games.
Braves wrap series in Baltimore tonight; off Thursday.
Georgia Tech hosts Central Florida on Saturday.
State honors for local pickleball players; community sports calendar.
Hometown Text Network:
- Subscribe to major news alerts. Text 313131; type HometownText. Sponsor: Heritage First Bank.