Truett’s Chick-fil-A Sports
Truett’s Chick-fli-A, 264 Shorter Ave., 6 a.m.-10 p.m. Drive-through and Door Dash.
Mount Berry Mall, 11 a.m.-8:30 p.m. (curbside, carryout, Door Dash). Shipping Container, 6 a.m.-10 p.m. All Monday-Saturday.
- Weaver was to be the homecoming game; those activities shift to Oct. 9 vs. King’s Academy. AHS is searching for another opponent on Sept. 26.
- Falcons open with a thud, fall 38-25 to Seahawks at home. A look at what happened, and what didn’t, and why. Falcons
- Next up: At Dallas, 1 p.m. TV: Fox. Radio: 92.9 The Game.
The AJC’s high school football rankings for week two are out. The complete list is here; local breakout below:
- 6A: Rome, no. 3, up two spots.
- 5A: Cartersville, no. 3, no change.
- 5A: Calhoun, no. 8, down one after Friday loss.
- 3A: Rockmart no. 10 (1-1) after beating Cedartown on Friday.
- A private: Darlington, No. 9; up one after season-opening win.
The Armuchee-Coosa game for this Friday has been canceled. Instead, Coosa will play Lookout Valley (Tenn.) on Friday. Armuchee’s next game is on Saturday, Sept. 26, at home against Weaver (Ala.). That game had to be postponed one day to comply with quarantine and re-acclimation rules. The Georgia High School Association guidelines:
- Re-Acclimation may start on the last day of quarantine provided the school can document the conditioning of the student/athlete. Sample (not mandatory) workout plans may be found here (sample 1; sample 2) for you to use if you wish.
- Last Day Quarantine: 1.5 hour conditioning – helmets only
- Day 2: 2 hours practice – helmets only
- Day 3: 2.5 hours practice with helmets and shoulder pads
- Day 4: 2.5 hours practice with full pads
- Day 5: 2.5 hours practice with full pads or play a game
AP Top 25 for week two: Entire list
- Your top five are Clemson, Alabama, Oklahoma, Georgia and Florida.
- Other SEC: LSU is no. 6, Auburn no. 8, Texas A & M no. 10, Tennessee at 15 and Kentucky at 23
- Other ACC: Notre Dame no. 7, North Carolina no. 12, Miami 17, Louisville 18, Virginia Tech 20 and Pittsburgh, 25.
Sept. 19: Georgia Tech (1-0) hosts Central Florida, 3:30 p.m., ESPN. Schedule
Sept. 26: Georgia at Arkansas, 4 p.m.
Sept. 26: Alabama at Missouri, 7 p.m., ESPN.
Sept. 26: Georgia Tech at Syracuse.
Atlanta Braves at Baltimore through Wednesday.
- Latest results: Braves 8, Nationals 4. Kyle Wright got his first career victory, backed by big homers from Adam Duvall and Ozzie Albies.
- Next: At Baltimore today through Wednesday at Baltimore, 7:35 each night.
- 2020 Schedule / TV Braves
- Around the majors. MLB / Scores/Schedule / MLB Network
- Roster moves:
The Willard Nixon/Rome Orthopaedic Center Sports Hall of Fame Golf Tournament set for Friday, Oct. 2 at Stonebridge Golf Course. The tournament is a four-person scramble event with a 1 p.m. shotgun start. Team entry is $300 and covers green fees, cart fees, range ball and lunch. Hole sponsorships are also available for $100 each. All money raised from the tournament goes to help fund the John Pinson Jr Outstanding Student Athlete Scholarship, which recognizes one college-bound male and female senior from each local high school.Click here to download the registration form. For more information contact email@example.com.
The POWERADE Power Dash 5K and Walk set for Saturday, Oct. 17, at Ridge Ferry Park comes with some pandemic protocols, included ‘waved’ starts for walkers and runners; virtual option, too. What to know