Truett’s Chick-fil-A Sports
Truett’s Chick-fli-A, 264 Shorter Ave., 6 a.m.-10 p.m. Drive-through and Door Dash.
Mount Berry Mall, 11 a.m.-8:30 p.m. (curbside, carryout, Door Dash). Shipping Container, 6 a.m.-10 p.m. All Monday-Saturday.
The AJC’s high school football rankings for week two are out. The complete list is here; local breakout below:
- 6A: Rome, no. 3, up two spots.
- 5A: Cartersville, no. 3, no change.
- 5A: Calhoun, no. 8, down one after Friday loss.
- 3A: Rockmart no. 10 (1-1) after beating Cedartown on Friday.
- A private: Darlington, No. 9; up one after season-opening win.
AP Top 25 for week two: Entire list
- Your top five are Clemson, Alabama, Oklahoma, Georgia and Florida.
- Other SEC: LSU is no. 6, Auburn no. 8, Texas A & M no. 10, Tennessee at 15 and Kentucky at 23
- Other ACC: Notre Dame no. 7, North Carolina no. 12, Miami 17, Louisville 18, Virginia Tech 20 and Pittsburgh, 25.
Later today: Latest high school football rankings.
Georgia Tech stuns Florida State in season opener, 16-13. Schedule
Sept. 19: Georgia Tech hosts Central Florida, 3:30 p.m., ESPN.
Sept. 26: Georgia at Arkansas, 4 p.m.
Sept. 26: Alabama at Missouri, 7 p.m., ESPN.
Sept. 26: Georgia Tech at Syracuse.
Atlanta Braves continue at Washington through today.
- Latest results: Braves top Nationals, 2-1, on Saturday. Next: At Washington today at 12:35 p.m. Monday-Wednesday at Baltimore, 7:35 p.m. each night.
- 2020 Schedule / TV Braves
- Around the majors. MLB / Scores/Schedule / MLB Network
- Roster moves: The recalled LHP Sean Newcomb to the club’s active roster and designated LHP Robbie Erlin for assignment.
- Sunday: Home opener vs. Seattle, 1 p.m. Fox; radio: 92.9 The Game.
- TV announcers: Adam Amin (play-by-play), Mark Schlereth (color analyst), Lindsay Czarniak (sideline reporter)
- Radio: 92.9 The Game, the Falcons’ official radio network. Radio announcers: Wes Durham (play-by-play), Dave Archer (color analyst)
- Live Stream: Watch Falcons games live for free in the official Falcons app (iOS & Android) and on AtlantaFalcons.com mobile web.*
- Season schedule.
- Show and tell time for Todd Gurley: No move this offseason was as widely celebrated among Falcons fans than the acquisition of free agent running back Todd Gurley. On Sunday, fans will get their first full look at Gurley in a Falcons uniform as Atlanta takes on the Seattle Seahawks. Full report here.
The Willard Nixon/Rome Orthopaedic Center Sports Hall of Fame Golf Tournament set for Friday, Oct. 2 at Stonebridge Golf Course. The tournament is a four-person scramble event with a 1 p.m. shotgun start. Team entry is $300 and covers green fees, cart fees, range ball and lunch. Hole sponsorships are also available for $100 each. All money raised from the tournament goes to help fund the John Pinson Jr Outstanding Student Athlete Scholarship, which recognizes one college-bound male and female senior from each local high school.Click here to download the registration form. For more information contact email@example.com.
The POWERADE Power Dash 5K and Walk set for Saturday, Oct. 17, at Ridge Ferry Park comes with some pandemic protocols, included ‘waved’ starts for walkers and runners; virtual option, too. What to know