The Fourth Annual ONE TABLE sponsored by One Community United is scheduled for Sunday, Sept. 20, at 6:30 p.m. One Table is a gathering of local citizens of diverse backgrounds, races, creeds and religious beliefs who dine together on the John Ross Walking Bridge. The event is both a fundraiser and a symbolic representation of what One Community United stands for. Because of the pandemic, the organizers have announced several significant changes in this year’s event:
- To honor the need for social distancing, seating this year will be on the Town Green. Tables for four will be available to rent for $25.
- This year’s meal will be a gourmet box supper of a meat (or veggie) sandwich, two special sides, a dessert and drink. Once again, local restaurants will be preparing the supper.
- Local volunteers including Berry students will provide friendly and efficient assistance.
- There will be one table, or a “token table” set up in the middle of the event to serve as a symbol of One Community United.
- Cost for a meal is $40. Tickets are available on line at Eventbrite One Table 2020. Click on “Tickets” and follow the prompts. Tickets can also be
- purchased in person at Yellow Door Antiques on North Fifth Avenue.
- A drive-by option to pick up meals will also be available on the Courtyard Rome Riverwalk for those interested in that option.