Truett’s Chick-fil-A Sports
Truett’s Chick-fli-A, 264 Shorter Ave., 6 a.m.-10 p.m. Drive-through and Door Dash.
Mount Berry Mall, 11 a.m.-8:30 p.m. (curbside, carryout, Door Dash). Shipping Container, 6 a.m.-10 p.m. All Monday-Saturday.
- Falcons open at home Sunday vs. Seattle, 1 p.m. Fox; radio: 92.9 The Game.
- Season schedule.
- 5A: Woodland in no. 7
- 4A: Cedartown is no. 9.
- 2A: Chattooga is no. 9.
Weekly volleyball rankings from the AJC. Full list.
- 5A: Calhoun, no. 10.
- 3A: Sonoraville at no. 5.
- 2A/A-Public: Armuchee at no. 4, Coosa at No. 6.
- Trion (0-0) at Coosa (0-0)
- Lakeview Academy (0-0) at Class 1A Private Number 10 Darlington (0-0), WLAQ 96.9 FM, 1410 AM.
- Class 2A Number 10 Heard County (1-0) at Pepperell (0-1). Q102
- Model (0-1) at LaFayette (0-0)
- Unity Christian School (1-0) at Peachtree Academy (1-0)
- West Forsyth (1-0) at Class 5A Number 3 Cartersville (1-0). WBHF 100.1 FM, AM 1450.
- Adairsville (1-0) at Cass (1-0)
- Osborne (0-0) at Woodland (1-0)
- Class 4A Number 7 Cedartown (0-0) at Rockmart (0-1). WGAA, WZOT
- Class 5A Number 7 Calhoun (1-0) v. McCallie (Tenn.) (2-1) at Finley Stadium
- Gordon Central (0-1) at Northwest Whitfield (1-0)
- Pickens (1-0) at Chattooga (0-1)
- Off this week: Armuchee, Rome, Sonoraville.
Masks, face coverings a must at most area high school games: Here’s what to know before you go this Friday night.Fan safety
Saturday: Georgia Tech vs. Florida State, 3:30 p.m., Tallahassee, ABC. Schedule
- Although Georgia Tech doesn’t recognize starters, the Yellow Jackets return 17 players that were on the field for the majority of the first offensive/defensive snaps last season — nine on offense and eight on defense.
- With the start of the season being pushed back due to the Covid-19 pandemic, Georgia Tech is playing its latest season opener since it opened the 1992 season on Sept. 12 versus Western Carolina.
- Saturday’s game is Georgia Tech’s first versus Florida State since the Jackets’ memorable “Miracle on Techwood Drive” 22-16 win over the No. 9 Seminoles on Oct. 24, 2015.
Sept. 19: Georgia Tech hosts Central Florida, 3:30 p.m., ESPN.
Sept. 26: Georgia at Arkansas, 4 p.m.
Sept. 26: Alabama at Missouri, 7 p.m., ESPN.
Sept. 26: Georgia Tech at Syracuse.
Atlanta Braves open series at Washington, tonight through Sunday.
- Latest results: Braves 29, Marlins 9. The Braves broke the National League’s Modern Era record for runs in a game, alongside many other marks.
- Next: 6:05 tonight-Saturday; 12:35 p.m. Sunday. Radio: 1410 AM/96.9 FM
- 2020 Schedule / TV Braves
- Around the majors. MLB / Scores/Schedule / MLB Network
- The Braves reinstated second baseman Ozzie Albies from the 10-day injured list on Wednesday after optioning infielder Johan Camargo to the club’s alternate training site following Tuesday night’s 8-0 loss to the Marlins. Albies had been on the injured list since Aug. 5 with a bone contusion in his right wrist. In 11 games before the injury, Albies was hitting .159 with a home run and six RBIs. He’s 7-for-44, but all seven of those hits have come while batting left-handed. The switch-hitter is 0-for-9 so far this season in 10 plate appearances as a righty — the same side that his injury was on.
- Sunday: Home opener vs. Seattle, 1 p.m. Fox; radio: 92.9 The Game.
- Season schedule.
The POWERADE Power Dash 5K and Walk set for Saturday, Oct. 17, at Ridge Ferry Park comes with some pandemic protocols, included ‘waved’ starts for walkers and runners; virtual option, too. What to know