Truett’s Chick-fil-A Sports
Truett’s Chick-fli-A, 264 Shorter Ave., 6 a.m.-10 p.m. Drive-through and Door Dash.
Mount Berry Mall, 11 a.m.-8:30 p.m. (curbside, carryout, Door Dash). Shipping Container, 6 a.m.-10 p.m. All Monday-Saturday.
- Trion (0-0) at Coosa (0-0)
- Lakeview Academy (0-0) at Class 1A Private Number 10 Darlington (0-0), WLAQ 96.9 FM, 1410 AM.
- Class 2A Number 10 Heard County (1-0) at Pepperell (0-1). Q102
- Model (0-1) at LaFayette (0-0)
- Unity Christian School (1-0) at Peachtree Academy (1-0)
- West Forsyth (1-0) at Class 5A Number 3 Cartersville (1-0). WBHF 100.1 FM, AM 1450.
- Adairsville (1-0) at Cass (1-0)
- Osborne (0-0) at Woodland (1-0)
- Class 4A Number 7 Cedartown (0-0) at Rockmart (0-1). WGAA, WZOT
- Class 5A Number 7 Calhoun (1-0) v. McCallie (Tenn.) (2-1) at Finley Stadium
- Gordon Central (0-1) at Northwest Whitfield (1-0)
- Pickens (1-0) at Chattooga (0-1)
- Off this week: Armuchee, Rome, Sonoraville.
Masks, face coverings a must at most area high school games: Here’s what to know before you go this Friday night.Fan safety
Saturday: Georgia Tech vs. Florida State, 3:30 p.m., Tallahassee, ABC. Schedule
- Although Georgia Tech doesn’t recognize starters, the Yellow Jackets return 17 players that were on the field for the majority of the first offensive/defensive snaps last season — nine on offense and eight on defense.
- With the start of the season being pushed back due to the Covid-19 pandemic, Georgia Tech is playing its latest season opener since it opened the 1992 season on Sept. 12 versus Western Carolina.
- Saturday’s game is Georgia Tech’s first versus Florida State since the Jackets’ memorable “Miracle on Techwood Drive” 22-16 win over the No. 9 Seminoles on Oct. 24, 2015.
Sept. 19: Georgia Tech hosts Central Florida, 3:30 p.m., ESPN.
Sept. 26: Georgia at Arkansas, 4 p.m.
Sept. 26: Alabama at Missouri, 7 p.m., ESPN.
Sept. 26: Georgia Tech at Syracuse.
Atlanta Braves host Marlins tonight.
- Latest results: Marlins 8, Braves 0. Kyle Wright, who allowed 5 runs, including 3 homers, over 4 innings in his return, thinks he’ll take off soon.
- Next: At home at 7:10 tonight. Thursday-Sunday, at Washington. Radio: 1410 AM/96.9 FM
- 2020 Schedule / TV Braves
- Around the majors. MLB / Scores/Schedule / MLB Network
- Sunday: Home opener vs. Seattle, 1 p.m. Fox; radio: 92.9 The Game.
- Season schedule.
The Atlanta Falcons announced Tuesday afternoon that they have signed veteran linebacker Deone Bucannon to their practice squad. Bucannon becomes the 16th and final member of the Falcons’ practice squad after initially being released by the organization earlier on Tuesday to make room for Steven Means to be activated off of the reserve/COVID-19 list. Bucannon, 28, joined the Falcons as a free agent this offseason after spending the 2019 season with both the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and New York Giants. He spent all of training camp with Atlanta and was included on the team’s original 53-man roster as one of five linebackers. The former first-round pick enjoyed the best season of his career in 2015 as a member of the Arizona Cardinals when he recorded 112 tackles, 11 tackles for a loss, three sacks, three forced fumbles and an interception.
Here is the full 16-man practice squad for the Falcons ahead of the 2020 season:
- CB Delrick Abrams Jr.
- QB Kurt Benkert
- LB Deone Bucannon
- S Jamal Carter
- DE Austin Edwards
- WR Juwan Green
- CB Tyler Hall
- OL Sean Harlow
- CB Josh Hawkins
- QB Kyle Lauletta
- P Cameron Nizialek
- TE Jared Pinkney
- LB Edmond Robinson
- WR Chris Rowland
- OL John Wetzel
- OT Willie Wright
The POWERADE Power Dash 5K and Walk set for Saturday, Oct. 17, at Ridge Ferry Park comes with some pandemic protocols, included ‘waved’ starts for walkers and runners; virtual option, too. What to know