Truett’s Chick-fil-A Sports
Truett’s Chick-fli-A, 264 Shorter Ave., 6 a.m.-10 p.m. Drive-through and Door Dash.
Mount Berry Mall, 11 a.m.-8:30 p.m. (curbside, carryout, Door Dash). Shipping Container, 6 a.m.-10 p.m. All Monday-Saturday.
— GPB Sports (@GPBsports) September 7, 2020
GPB Sports’ Top Football Performers for Week 1: Here are some of the local top performers from the first week of high school football. For the complete list, please click here.
- Jaiden Avalos, WR, Cass: Caught five passes for 123 yards and one touchdown in 23-7 win over Dawson County.
- Asa James, RB, Woodland Cartersville: Rushed 24 times for 181 yards and scored two touchdowns, one rushing and one receiving, in a 14-7 win over Gordon Central.
- Christian Lewis, QB, Calhoun: Completed 22 of 28 passes for 225 yards and two touchdowns in 41-14 win over Dalton.
- Stratton Tripp, QB, Cartersville: Completed 11 of 16 passes for 256 yards and three touchdowns in a 40-0 win over Morrow.
- K.J. Weaver, DL, Adairsville: Netted 11 tackles and a sack in 35-28 win over Chattooga.
- Javin Whatley, QB, Rockmart: Rushed 17 times for 144 yards and one touchdown and threw a 16-yard touchdown pass in 28-21 loss to Rome.
- The list of top performers is compiled from newspaper and media reports from around the state. Among the sources are the Gwinnett Daily Post, Marietta Daily Journal, AccessWDUN, Macon Telegraph, Rome News Tribune, Cartersville Daily Tribune, Savannah Morning News, Brunswick News, Athens Banner-Herald, Augusta Chronicle, Score Atlanta and Georgia High School Football Daily.
- Trion (0-0) at Coosa (0-0)
- Lakeview Academy (0-0) at Class 1A Private Number 10 Darlington (0-0), WLAQ 96.9 FM, 1410 AM.
- Class 2A Number 10 Heard County (1-0) at Pepperell (0-1). Q102
- Model (0-1) at LaFayette (0-0)
- Unity Christian School (1-0) at Peachtree Academy (1-0)
- West Forsyth (1-0) at Class 5A Number 3 Cartersville (1-0). WBHF 100.1 FM, AM 1450.
- Adairsville (1-0) at Cass (1-0)
- Osborne (0-0) at Woodland (1-0)
- Class 4A Number 7 Cedartown (0-0) at Rockmart (0-1). WGAA, WZOT
- Class 5A Number 7 Calhoun (1-0) v. McCallie (Tenn.) (2-1) at Finley Stadium
- Gordon Central (0-1) at Northwest Whitfield (1-0)
- Pickens (1-0) at Chattooga (0-1)
- Off this week: Armuchee, Rome, Sonoraville.
Masks, face coverings a must at most area high school games: Here’s what to know before you go this Friday night.Fan safety
Saturday: Georgia Tech vs. Florida State, 3:30 p.m., Tallahassee, ABC. Schedule
Sept. 19: Georgia Tech hosts Central Florida, 3:30 p.m., ESPN.
Sept. 26: Georgia at Arkansas, 4 p.m.
Sept. 26: Alabama at Missouri, 7 p.m., ESPN.
Sept. 26: Georgia Tech at Syracuse.
Atlanta Braves host Miami through Wednesday.
- Latest results: Miami 5-4 over Braves in 10. Ian Anderson became the latest starter to turn in a short outing, lasting only three innings in a 10-inning loss.
- Next: At home at 7:10 p.m. Tuesday, Wednesday. Radio: 1410 AM/96.9 FM
- 2020 Schedule / TV Braves
- Around the majors. MLB / Scores/Schedule / MLB Network
- Sept. 13: Home opener vs. Seattle, 1 p.m. Fox; radio: 92.9 The Game.
- Season schedule.
- So now we have … a jersey schedule? This seems a little too 2020 to us but in case you need to know…: The Falcons will wear their new black jerseys for six games, the white jerseys for eight games, the gradient jersey once and the throwback uniforms for one game as well. Here’s a breakdown of the jersey schedule:
- Week 1: vs. Seattle Seahawks
- Week 2: at Dallas Cowboys
- Week 3: vs. Chicago Bears
- Week 5: vs. Carolina Panthers
- Week 12: vs. Las Vegas Raiders
- Week 15: vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Week 4: at Green Bay
- Week 6: at Minnesota Vikings
- Week 8: at Carolina Panthers
- Week 9: vs. Denver Broncos
- Week 11: at New Orleans Saints
- Week 14: at Los Angeles Chargers
- Week 17: at Kansas City Chiefs
- Week 18: at Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Week 7: vs. Detroit Lions
- Week 13: vs. New Orleans Saints
Today, Tuesday, Sept. 8 is the final day of last-chance registration for football, baseball, t-ball, softball and cheerleading. Registration must be done in person at 1 Shorter Avenue. More information at rfpra.com
The POWERADE Power Dash 5K and Walk set for Saturday, Oct. 17, at Ridge Ferry Park comes with some pandemic protocols, included ‘waved’ starts for walkers and runners; virtual option, too. What to know