Truett’s Chick-fil-A Sports
Truett’s Chick-fli-A, 264 Shorter Ave., 6 a.m.-10 p.m. Drive-through and Door Dash.
Mount Berry Mall, 11 a.m.-8:30 p.m. (curbside, carryout, Door Dash). Shipping Container, 6 a.m.-10 p.m. All Monday-Saturday.
The AJC’s high school football rankings after the first full week of the 2020 season. The complete list is here; local breakout below:
- 6A: Rome, no. 5, no change.
- 5A: Cartersville, no. 3, up one.
- 5A: Calhoun, no. 7, wasn’t ranked in preseason.
- 4A: Cedartown, no. 7; wasn’t ranked in preseason.
- A private: Darlington, No. 10; no change.
Update on former Berry College football standout Mason Kinsey (wide receiver).
- Sunday: Mason Kinsey signs with the New England Patriots practice squad.
- Saturday: He was waived by the Tennessee Titans as the team announced the 53-man roster on Saturday. He is first player in Berry history to get an NFL contract as unsigned free agent this past spring. Check out a recent Sports Illustrated feature on Kinsey and his road to NFL.
John McClellan’s high school football picks for week 2 of season coming on Monday.
Middle school: Rome 6th grade falls to Cedartown, 8-6 on Saturday. Other Rome Middle teams did not play.
Sept. 12: Georgia Tech vs. Florida State, 3:30 p.m., Tallahassee, ABC. Schedule
Sept. 19: Georgia Tech hosts Central Florida, 3:30 p.m., ESPN.
Sept. 26: Georgia at Arkansas, 4 p.m.
Sept. 26: Alabama at Missouri, 7 p.m., ESPN.
Sept. 26: Georgia Tech at Syracuse.
Atlanta Braves host Nationals tonight through Sunday.
- Latest results: Braves fall to Nationals, 10-4.
- Next: At home 1:10 p.m. Sunday. Miami in town Monday-Wednesday. Radio: 1410 AM/96.9 FM
- 2020 Schedule / TV Braves
- Around the majors. MLB / Scores/Schedule / MLB Network
- Sept. 13: Home opener vs. Seattle, 1 p.m. Fox; radio: 92.9 The Game.
- Season schedule.
The Atlanta Falcons have revealed their initial roster, trimming down their training camp ranks to meet the NFL’s 53-man roster limit for the regular season. There were no major surprise cuts from the Falcons, who kept all 2020 draft picks and the majority of contributors from the 2019 season. There are two items to note with the Falcons’ roster. Second-year cornerback Jordan Miller has not been released by the team, but he is not listed on the 53-man roster due to a three-game suspension to start the season. Veteran defensive end Steven Means also remains with the Falcons at this time, but he is currently on the reserve/COVID-19 list and does not factor into the team’s 53-man limit. Roster
The POWERADE Power Dash 5K and Walk set for Saturday, Oct. 17, at Ridge Ferry Park comes with some pandemic protocols, included ‘waved’ starts for walkers and runners; virtual option, too. What to know