Today’s first headlines:
- Precincts open until 7 tonight. Expect coronavirus safety steps. ‘We would like to encourage voters to wear a face mask but it’s not required.’
- 63rd Bartow resident claimed by coronavirus. 60 COVID patients at Floyd, Redmond; 103 in the region. 47 additional positive tests from NW Georgia total at 5,670.
- COVID and campuses: Masks a local school district decision, governor says. 800 Cherokee (Ga.) students in quarantine. Latest updates from area schools, colleges.
- Georgia Health News: Kids and COVID — State’s rate is higher than the national average (Ga. 571 per 100,000 people; U.S., 447).
- Rome City Commission bans use ‘personal electronic devices’ by commissioners during meetings by 7-2 vote with Cochran, Davis opposing.
- The College Board: 66 Floyd County Schools students earn 92 AP Scholar Awards.
- Services pending for 38-year-old man killed in single-car accident in Chattooga County.
- Buzz: Gas prices drop a couple of cents vs. last week as summer ‘ends.’
- Ware Mechanical Weather Center: Your election day forecast complete with hour-by-hour updates during the hours precincts are open today.
- Obituaries: Melissa Kathleen Alexander, Daryl Jean Gould, Mildred (“Millie”) Neslin, Mr. Millard Albertus Tanner.
- Dining: Public Health restaurant inspection scores, Tuesday-Saturday.
- Crimewatch: Updates on area arrests.
Truett’s Chick-Fil-A Sports Report:
- Adairsville’s Kaitlynn Stiles among 11 newcomers for Shorter women’s basketball.
- College football situation changing by the hour.
- Braves open series with Yankees in New York tonight.
- Community updates.
Hometown Text Network:
- Subscribe to major news alerts. Text 313131; type HometownRome. Sponsor: Heritage First Bank.