Today’s first headlines:
- Four more deaths in Bartow County, regional total up to 105 since March. Another 130 new cases in NW Georgia in last 24 hours. Recap of July’s soaring numbers.
- Area hospitals say they’re not at capacity yet as surge in coronavirus patients continues. What to know.
- The Voccio Viewpoint: Latest update from Dr. Gary Voccio of Public Health on state of coronavirus in NW Georgia. Plus, new CDC study on possible spread among school-age children.
- Rome Police: Bicyclist hit by car near Stonebridge Golf Course and airlifted to Erlanger Medical Center
- Ware Mechanical Weather Center: Highs in low 90s with rain chances to start week. Latest on Hurricane Isaias targeting east coast of Florida.
- Obituaries: Mr. Robert “Bob” Henderson Griffin, Sr., Idelle Milam Holsonback, Mrs. Ree Owens Milton, Jesse Emory Moon, Jr.,
- Dining: Public Health restaurant inspection scores, Tuesday-Saturday.
- Crimewatch: Updates on area arrests.
Truett’s Chick-Fil-A Sports Report:
- Updated high school schedule for opening night, Sept. 4.
- Latest Atlanta Braves results, preview.
- Rome Floyd Parks and Recreation registering for the fall sports.
Hometown Text Network:
- Subscribe to major news alerts. Text 313131; type HometownRome. Sponsor: Heritage First Bank.