Rome’s Alcohol Control Commission meets Wednesday with restaurant, shop, event permits sought:
The agenda for the 5 p.m. meeting in the Sam King Room at city hall includes:
- Issue a New Beer and Wine Package License at the Berry Shop N Go, 1501 Martha Berry Blvd, to Ms. Simple Kapoor (this is the former Exxon near Summerville Park).
- Issue a New Beer Package License at Pop’s Food Mart, 1437 North Broad St., to William Jones.
- Issue a New Beer and Wine Pouring License at Arabian Nights Grill and Café, 1600 Shorter Ave. to Myra Garcia.
- Issue a New Beer and Wine Pouring License at Ana’s by the River, 315 Broad St., to Alexis Williamon.
- Issue a New Beer, Wine, and Liquor Pouring License at the Rome Tennis Center at Berry College, 100 Match Point Way NE, to Lisa Smith. A Food/Drink Ratio request is also applied for to allow the ratio to be met with food and other retail items and services.
Also, the Downtown Development Authority seeks a public consumption of alcohol OK for International Parking Day on Friday, Sept.18, and the Fiddlin’ Fest Block Party on Saturday, Oct. 10.
Two issues concerning Brewhouse Music & Grill at 325 Broad St. One is a request for a permit for wrestling; the other is a license hearing following an underage drinking case there as well as an arrest of a security guard, according to the agenda package.
Joint Service Committee Meeting, Tuesday at 8 a.m., Sam King Room, City Hall. Agenda:
- Chulio Hills/Shady Lane Update
- Water & Sewer Update
- Trails Update
- Other Business