Today’s first headlines:
- 100 deaths. Who we’ve lost in Northwest Georgia: More men than women; 88% white; most age 70 and older; 55% from Bartow County.
- 53 COVID patients now in Floyd, Redmond; 21 in Cartersville Medical. 161 new cases in the region since Monday. State: 3,563 deaths (100 here); 4,293 new cases in a day.
- Solemn crowd at Rome’s Town Green remembers fallen civil rights leader Congressman John Lewis.
- Newby Vineyard gets unanimous OK from commissioners.
- Rome Police: Suspect faces nine armed robbery charges in Rome dating back to December 2019, GBI: He’s wanted in other Northwest Georgia robberies as well.
- Politics: ‘Forged’ letter about House GOP runoff not from us, local Democrats say. Advance voting continues.
- AJC: Former client’s fraud/malpractice suit filed against Christian Coomer, now a judge on the state Court of Appeals, settled.
- Education: Darlington honors Trang Dang and Frank Manning at Saturday’s graduation.
- Buzz: Mount Berry Trail open weekends only until finished. Reminder on food giveaway today at Coosa Valley Fairgrounds.
- Ware Mechanical Weather Center: Mid to upper 80s through Friday with about 1.5 inches of rain over the next few days.
- Obituaries: Obituaries: Shirley Ann Bailey, Mrs. Samiah Faith Higgins, Mary Cumming Johnson.
- Dining: Public Health restaurant inspection scores, Tuesday-Saturday.
- Crimewatch: Updates on area arrests.
Truett’s Chick-Fil-A Sports Report:
655 positive COVID cases in Georgia high schools, double the last report.
Atlanta Braves home opener tonight at 7:10.
- Tuesday night results
Marlins not playing through Sunday; additional MLB updates.
Falcons have COVID concern.
Berry sports updates.
Hometown Text Network:
- Subscribe to major news alerts. Text 313131; type HometownRome. Sponsor: Heritage First Bank.