From Rome Police: Beginning on Dec. 12, 2019, various locations within the City of Rome were victims of armed robberies. These armed robberies continued to occur through April 3, 2020. In each of the robberies, there was a consistent description of the suspect. The Rome Police Department Criminal Investigation Division in conjunction with the GBI and FBI worked diligently to locate and identify the suspect.
On July 22, 2020, a multi-jurisdictional team served an arrest and search warrant at 309-B Ross St. where Anthony Lavell Williams Jr. was located and arrested for Armed Robbery. Warrants have been issued for Williams for the following Armed Robberies:
Business Name Location Date of Robbery
- Dollar General Store 1605 N. Broad Street December 12, 2019
- Citgo 1901 N. Broad Street December 21, 2019
- Dollar General Store 25 Central Plaza December 29, 2019
- Circle K 910 N. Broad Street January 4, 2020
- Circle K 2401 Garden Lakes Blvd. January 4, 2020
- North Broad Food Mart 1416 N. Broad Street January 9, 2020
- Dollar General Store 1100 N. 5th Avenue January 11, 2020
- Dollar General Store 1804 Redmond Circle January 24, 2020
- CVS 1915 Maple Avenue April 3, 2020
Williams also has been charged with Armed Robberies in multiple cities in Northwest Georgia.
From the GBI, Tuesday afternoon:
On Wednesday, July 22, 2020, the GBI arrested Anthony Lavell Williams, 27, of Rome, following a search warrant executed at his residence by the Floyd/Rome SWAT team. Williams was arrested on an armed robbery warrant from Carrollton PD.
The GBI has been assisting the Federal Bureau of Investigation, Rome Police Department, Floyd County Police Department, Summerville Police Department, and Fort Oglethorpe Police Department in a series of armed robbery investigations that have occurred since December 2019.
Williams is suspected to have conducted armed robberies in Rome, Summerville, Fort Oglethorpe, and Carrolton, GA. Williams has also been suspected in several other armed robberies targeting Family Dollar, CVS, and Walgreens stores in the northwest Georgia area.