Today’s first headlines:
- Two new deaths in Polk County, now 94 deaths in NW Georgia. Another 144 new cases in region, 3,787 statewide. 74 COVID patients in Rome, Cartersville hospitals.
- Education: Darlington celebrates Class of 2020 with drive-through graduation ceremony.
- Week ahead: Floyd BOE to meet Monday to vote on re-opening plans. Candlelight vigil to honor Congressman John Lewis on Tuesday at Town Green. Bartow County Schools to graduate Friday, Saturday.
- Politics: Advance voting resumes Monday. What to know about the runoff. Advance voting also on Saturday, Aug. 1.
- Buzz: Phase one of Mount Berry Trail now complete. City Commission meeting Monday, public hearing on rezoning on proposed senior development. County Commission meets Tuesday.
- Ware Mechanical Weather Center: Ware Mechanical Weather Center: 1.64 inches of rain Saturday evening. Patchy, dense fog this morning. 53 without power off Shorter. Scattered thunderstorms possible today, high near 92.
- Obituaries: Mrs. Maggie Louise Cheatwood, Mrs. Linda Joyce Mathis Crumley , Temmie Gordon McGuire
- Dining: Public Health restaurant inspection scores, Tuesday-Saturday.
- Crimewatch: Updates on area arrests.
- Hardy Realty’s open house gallery for today: Three homes for your review including two in Rome and one in Mentone, Ala. Open Houses
Truett’s Chick-Fil-A Sports Report:
Atlanta Braves get first win of season, 5-3, over Mets.
-Game 3 tonight at 7:08 p.m. in New York
GHSA guidelines as high schools prepare for next phase of workouts. Monday, Aug. 1 are next key dates.
Latest opening night football schedules for local high schools.
Today is last day for early registration for Parks and Rec football, cheerleading.
Hometown Text Network:
- Subscribe to major news alerts. Text 313131; type HometownRome. Sponsor: Heritage First Bank.